Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't get this?

Bugger, I should have edited that better.

The maximum possible strike rate is 600, not 300. What I meant to say is that not many cricketers have finished a ODI innings with a S/R of 300 or more, and Willey just did.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Bugger, I should have edited that better.

The maximum possible strike rate is 600, not 300. What I meant to say is that not many cricketers have finished a ODI innings with a S/R of 300 or more, and Willey just did.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I was missing something and going mad 😂

• Like 1

So unless I misheard, we can knock Pakistan out by simply winning the toss and batting first. 

If Pakistan bat first then they’d need to beat us by 290+ runs. Which I’d suggest is unlikely but you never know. 

I can imagine we’d want to bat first so it’ll certainly lead to an interesting scenario. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

So unless I misheard, we can knock Pakistan out by simply winning the toss and batting first. 

If Pakistan bat first then they’d need to beat us by 290+ runs. Which I’d suggest is unlikely but you never know. 

I can imagine we’d want to bat first so it’ll certainly lead to an interesting scenario. 

That sounds about right.

To add to this, I think England will end up in a situation where anything but a crushing loss will assure qualification for the Champions Trophy.

36 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That sounds about right.

To add to this, I think England will end up in a situation where anything but a crushing loss will assure qualification for the Champions Trophy.

Yeah I think with the win yesterday the champions trophy qualification is secure. Given the sides that Bangladesh and Netherlands still have to play, you've probably qualified by default by not being as crap as them lol

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I think with the win yesterday the champions trophy qualification is secure. Given the sides that Bangladesh and Netherlands still have to play, you've probably qualified by default by not being as crap as them lol

England after scraping a Champions Trophy spot over Bangladesh and The Netherlands