Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

How come @StanSPand @Raj are unaware of the change from a new pitch to a used one ??.

Who said I wasn't aware? I just didn't know that's what you were referencing. When you said pre-semi final I thought you meant in the group stage, apologies. 

I think it was much ado about nothing anyway given has happened before and it seemingly made no difference to how the game went. I'm pretty sure I did speak about it when it happened anyway. 

Why are you still bothered by it lol

Edited by StanSP

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who said I wasn't aware? I just didn't know that's what you were referencing. When you said pre-semi final I thought you meant in the group stage, apologies. 

I think it was much ado about nothing anyway given has happened before and it seemingly made no difference to how the game went. I'm pretty sure I did speak about it when it happened anyway. 

Why are you still bothered by it lol

The outcome shouldn’t make a difference- the intention was clear 

Anyway - I hope your bowlers are on it Sunil 

the thought of smith and Warner holding the trophy ………ugh !

8 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Kolhi and co will be unbearable for just a few days if India win.

The entire country of Australia will be unbearable for the next 4 years if they win this.

Time to shine Jasprit..please!!

I’d be happy for McDonald and Cummins given the idiots they’ve had to put up with. But aside from that go India. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The outcome shouldn’t make a difference- the intention was clear 

Anyway - I hope your bowlers are on it Sunil 

the thought of smith and Warner holding the trophy ………ugh !

Australia winning might not be the worst thing, more likely some of their players retire.

I'd still be amazed if India don't win, they've looked imperious and Bumrah under the lights will be fired up.

One thing I've definitely noticed a lot of over the last couple years of paying more attention to cricket - people over react LOADS to scores and batting "collapses" before they've seen both teams bat. 

It seems really common that the first team to bat will appear to struggle, they'll lose a bunch of wickets, score lower than everyone thinks and there'll be a massive over reaction. 

Then the second team to bat will magically also struggle. End of the day, if the conditions are making it difficult for one team then they're quite often going to make it difficult for the other no? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

One thing I've definitely noticed a lot of over the last couple years of paying more attention to cricket - people over react LOADS to scores and batting "collapses" before they've seen both teams bat. 

It seems really common that the first team to bat will appear to struggle, they'll lose a bunch of wickets, score lower than everyone thinks and there'll be a massive over reaction. 

Then the second team to bat will magically also struggle. End of the day, if the conditions are making it difficult for one team then they're quite often going to make it difficult for the other no? 

Conditions do play a big part though, especially in day/night matches. 

Dew factor comes into play on a game like this. May be difficult for fast bowlers because the pitch has no pace to it and it's harder to grip the ball to make it turn. The flip side of that is sometimes the reverse swing (as shown by Hazelwood and Starc today). And with dew it is more difficult for the ball to grip for spinners to turn the ball. 

So timing of the conditions is a factor in itself. 

Watching Sky Sports do a post-mortem into England's poor performance. 

Then show a montage of 2024 coverage - featured was England T20 first, then internationals and then the Hundred. No mention of the supporting competitions for 50 over cricket. But plenty hinted at why this campaign fcuked up