Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

My system went crazy,just like ch4 post match coverage.

Thought they would hang around & do more Post match interviews,

from both Aus, and India.Would of been interesting how India collapses or problem

with wicket…

Aussies lose slowly their big guns over these few years,but again they rebuild and find in every era new big guns..India’s true greats,just couldn’t stamp their authority

at any time during the game..

Again like England India’s cricketers play a lot of top high pressure games around the world..Aussies to me are clever and have

some long breaks over1-3 year periods…

Well done Aussies,they got their act together…Battets always found a way,

and bowlers shake any bad form out of the way ,when it counts..

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Modi is a pr*ck. Wouldn't take anything he does or says with any seriousness. 

Don't want to get too political in this thread but I wonder what effect losing in a stadium bearing his name will have on his career. I read he planned to call an election in the event of an India win!

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Don't want to get too political in this thread but I wonder what effect losing in a stadium bearing his name will have on his career. I read he planned to call an election in the event of an India win!

Very little I would imagine. But yes, happy to leave the politics out of this one! How he just walked off earlier was shameful, disrespectful and embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Is there a fundamental difference in the way other countries "appreciate" the opposition's brilliance?

If an English or Australian batsman makes a Century in The Ashes, there is a grudging appreciation and applause for that person.

When the Aussie made a 100 today, there seemed to be absolute silence amongst the Indian fans.  

Is this the usual response?   (a genuine question.   I've never been to a cricket match in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc)

26 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Is there a fundamental difference in the way other countries "appreciate" the opposition's brilliance?

If an English or Australian batsman makes a Century in The Ashes, there is a grudging appreciation and applause for that person.

When the Aussie made a 100 today, there seemed to be absolute silence amongst the Indian fans.  

Is this the usual response?   (a genuine question.   I've never been to a cricket match in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc)

From what I could see there was a fair bit of applause but probably not a lot of cheering as such. 

38 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The Indian crowd tends to be totally partisan but in a different way to others. English and Australian crowds are usually very biased and will get right behind their teams, having a go at the opposition in the process. The Indian crowd seems to cheer loudly or have total silence, although I do wonder today if it was a reaction to being challenged for the first time at this tournament.

India is the biggest cricketing country by far and I'd imagine anything other than victory to be a real affront to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Good to see you categorizing a whole continent of a billion by the actions of a sore loser Prime Minister.

This isnt like you🙄

Not sure he was being a sore loser. What I saw was the PM leave the stage and shake hands, congratulating the Aussies. That's why the players didnt immediately come on stage and Cummins looked an idiot standing alone. 

• Like 1

Is this the moment people are complaining about ? Why ? 

I am not an Indian fan. I am also no where near a Modi fan - think he is a dickhead who has caused real issues in India but he seems to graciously hands over the trophy, congratulates Cummins and moves off the stage. At most that is a disorganised presentation (it’s not Modi or the officials job to stand there once they’ve finalised the presentation) not sore loser syndrome. 

Disappointing there not many Aussie fans in the stadium. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Is this the moment people are complaining about ? Why ? 

I am not an Indian fan. I am also no where near a Modi fan - think he is a dickhead who has caused real issues in India but he seems to graciously hands over the trophy, congratulates Cummins and moves off the stage. At most that is a disorganised presentation (it’s not Modi or the officials job to stand there once they’ve finalised the presentation) not sore loser syndrome. 

Disappointing there not many Aussie fans in the stadium. 

Yep. Good to see the actual full video than some haters edit.👍🏾

Looking back over the years and how ballsy the Aussies have always been since the Shane Warne and Merv Hughes era I actually dont mind them.

I even think Warner is a proper wind up merchant, the little bastard.

If it wasnt gonna be India then not too upset with the Aussies winning it having slept on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Looking back over the years and how ballsy the Aussies have always been since the Shane Warne and Merv Hughes era I actually dont mind them.

If it wasnt gonna be India then not too upset with the Aussies winning it having slept on it.

Warner is the Vards of cricket. 

Absolute shit head if he's on the other team, your favourite player if he's yours. 

In a sport pretty devoid of personalities, I quite like him. 

I like Kohli's antics too most of the time tbh. The more cages he rattles the better, at least he's not a fvcking robot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Yep, deserved winners so no complaints really. They were very composed when they lost 3 wickets in that atmosphere at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Warner is the Vards of cricket. 

Absolute shit head if he's on the other team, your favourite player if he's yours. 

In a sport pretty devoid of personalities, I quite like him. 

I like Kohli's antics too most of the time tbh. The more cages he rattles the better, at least he's not a fvcking robot. 

Cricket does need characters. There has always been someone with a bit of bite. However, Warner and Smith for that matter are cheats. I know I know “they’ve done their time” blah blah. Still isn’t great for the sport that two current test and ODI world champions are outright cheats who brought the game into disrepute. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cricket does need characters. There has always been someone with a bit of bite. However, Warner and Smith for that matter are cheats. I know I know “they’ve done their time” blah blah. Still isn’t great for the sport that two current test and ODI world champions are outright cheats who brought the game into disrepute. 

Maybe it's because I'm naive and haven't played the game enough myself since my early teens but I have a hard time giving a flying fvck about ball tampering, if I'm honest. I think the over reaction and righteous indignation from the English media and fans in particular has been absolutely insane when the Aussies were just caught doing something that I'm convinced every test cricket side in the world does on some level. 

Athers was fined for ball tampering in the 90s, Trescothick admitted he used to do it all the time for England in tests, Jimmy and Broad have been pinged for doing it before (Broad with a typical shit house excuse of "I was just standing on the ball with my studs cos if was hot and I'm lazy" lmao.)

People have used dirt in the pocket, hair products, zips on their clothes, studs on their shoes, hidden bottle tops, suckable sweets, picked seams, finger nails. It's just part of the game no? You get away with what you can get away with. To me it seems a bit like trying to steal a couple of yards from a free kick behind the refs back when placing a football. Everyone is at it. Literally I think every major test cricket side has had an accusation of ball tampering at some point, probably multiple times? 

I mean Faf du Plessis has been found guilty of it twice and pretty much nobody gives a shit do they? Maybe I've had my head in the sand but I don't remember him getting anywhere near the stick Smith and Warner do? With the Aussies it just played in to the narrative of cheating Aussie convicts and all of that shit that the English love to trot out. Literally any other test side and most would barely give a fvck. 

Do you really think this attitude of never forgiving or forgetting would still be the case if it was someone more popular like Kane Williamson or Jason Holder? Just nonsense. 

I'm all for banning, say, substance abusers in athletics or whatever for life. Sure. Or footballers that have been involved in match fixing. 

Ball tampering cricketers? Come on. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe it's because I'm naive and haven't played the game enough myself since my early teens but I have a hard time giving a flying fvck about ball tampering, if I'm honest. I think the over reaction and righteous indignation from the English media and fans in particular has been absolutely insane when the Aussies were just caught doing something that I'm convinced every test cricket side in the world does on some level. 

Athers was fined for ball tampering in the 90s, Trescothick admitted he used to do it all the time for England in tests, Jimmy and Broad have been pinged for doing it before (Broad with a typical shit house excuse of "I was just standing on the ball with my studs cos if was hot and I'm lazy" lmao.)

People have used dirt in the pocket, hair products, zips on their clothes, studs on their shoes, hidden bottle tops, suckable sweets, picked seams, finger nails. It's just part of the game no? You get away with what you can get away with. To me it seems a bit like trying to steal a couple of yards from a free kick behind the refs back when placing a football. Everyone is at it. Literally I think every major test cricket side has had an accusation of ball tampering at some point, probably multiple times? 

I mean Faf du Plessis has been found guilty of it twice and pretty much nobody gives a shit do they? Maybe I've had my head in the sand but I don't remember him getting anywhere near the stick Smith and Warner do? With the Aussies it just played in to the narrative of cheating Aussie convicts and all of that shit that the English love to trot out. Literally any other test side and most would barely give a fvck. 

Do you really think this attitude of never forgiving or forgetting would still be the case if it was someone more popular like Kane Williamson or Jason Holder? Just nonsense. 

I'm all for banning, say, substance abusers in athletics or whatever for life. Sure. Or footballers that have been involved in match fixing. 

I'm in the camp of suggesting that they've done their time and now we should all move on (still give them both grief mind because that's part of the tribal nature of sport).

Are you suggesting their bans weren't warranted?

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Are you suggesting their bans weren't warranted?

Narh I've not said that. 

I'm not in any way qualified to make that statement and I think it's really important, especially when bashing the Aussies, to acknowledge it was Cricket Australia that stripped Smith of the captaincy (don't remember England doing that to Athers) and banned them for so long not the ICC (who gave them infinitely lesser punishments.)

My issue isn't with the incident or how the ICC handled it, I just think the English reaction to it was insanely disproportionate (and slightly hypocritical) and continues to be so. 

It's ironic because if it wasn't the Aussies, the English wouldn't give anywhere near as many fvcks yet it was the integrity of Cricket Australia that made it such a big punishment which in turn caused such a big reaction. If Smith and Warner had gotten a slap on the wrist and there'd been nowhere near as much fuss made about it the whole thing would have been forgotten by the time the news cycle had moved on. 

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh I've not said that. 

I'm not in any way qualified to make that statement and I think it's really important, especially when bashing the Aussies, to acknowledge it was Cricket Australia that stripped Smith of the captaincy (don't remember England doing that to Athers) and banned them for so long not the ICC (who gave them infinitely lesser punishments.)

My issue isn't with the incident or how the ICC handled it, I just think the English reaction to it was insanely disproportionate (and slightly hypocritical) and continues to be so. 

It's ironic because if it wasn't the Aussies, the English wouldn't give anywhere near as many fvcks yet it was the integrity of Cricket Australia that made it such a big punishment which in turn caused such a big reaction. If Smith and Warner had gotten a slap on the wrist and there'd been nowhere near as much fuss made about it the whole thing would have been forgotten by the time the news cycle had moved on. 

Fair enough if the leadership group that put the plan together had acted it out themselves, instead they got a lad who was hardly going to say no having played so few tests to do it. Bancroft who hasn't really been involved since either, and his first class record would suggest there's more to that. Having watched The Test documentary series as well, I found myself actually become quite fond of the set up, including Smith and Warner, but I don't think it was just the English that took issue with it either. 

Also to add after you've credited Cricket Australia, I think it was fairly common knowledge they were probably happy for those three to take the brunt to try and divert from the awful culture within the organisation.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

All completely reasonable points....BUT....**** them, they are Aussies - this world cup means nothing. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Raj said:

Good to see you categorizing a whole continent of a billion by the actions of a sore loser Prime Minister.

This isnt like you🙄

But India is very advanced in its entertainment business,the presentation in any

Humble to rich country would have been neatly organised & planned to the last detail…

So yes one can categorise and judge that country after such an embarrassing & pathetic showing & post presentation of one of that countries biggest ever sports..

I love India it’s diverse people, it’s wonderful diverse ways…

Yesterday left me gobsmacked..!! and unlike the plastic 10.000 plastic fans,felt embarrassed for a country who has history of being that hard but gentlemen in sport..more so shown in defeats..

• Like 1

Reports then that the hundred may open up to us and Indian investment and Deloitte valuing it way higher than the ECB had thought. 

I'm amazed. There's no wide public interest. Cricket fans largely despise it. TV viewing figures must be absolutely minimal. There's no real overseas resale value with the IPL and Big Bash and even the Windies League covering all seasons. The rest of the calender is absolutely saturated with international games