Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Good to see Rehan Ahmed in there.  Hope he gets a go and gives it some.

It will be the ideal environment for him, so I hope he can shine too.

As for the series itself...well, this team went to Pakistan and won three on the bounce. Of course, India is a step up for difficulty, but I reckon they can at least give a good game with the current style.

46 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He’ll be second choice, possibly third behind Leach and Hartley I’m afraid. 

Definitely behind Leach but there’s no way he should be behind Hartley, considering how well Rehan did last winter in Pakistan. You’d hope they would play at least two spinners though, especially given how few seamers they’ve picked. You never know though!

Edited by Samu

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Well, that's the end of my first overseas trip supporting England.  Won't be the last :D

A victory at long last.:scarf:

Good luck to the lads in Trinidad.

20231216_124631.jpg.fc023a674ff88e56a14c198e7c883413.jpg

How did you find the Caribbean cricket experience?

In other news, India are having an absolute morning out against South Africa. Our Wiaan's just got a first baller - 52-6.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

How did you find the Caribbean cricket experience?

Would recommend. A sunshine holiday, the locals are lovely to tourists and the bus journeys are a life experience  :cool:  

Australia is our next ambition.

Always love to see a mini game going on under the Stand, as seen between the innings yesterday, too  :appl::

Screenshot_20231217_103358_Gallery.jpg.5e9d7d1c77eee6621e0bb6c17d6eabb3.jpg

• Like 1

Watched a review of the 1999 summer earlier. Absolutely amateurish set-up. Out of our own World Cup in the group stages and ended the Test series with a tail of Caddick, Mullally, Tufnell and Giddins.

Thank God that Duncan Fletcher arrived.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Watched a review of the 1999 summer earlier. Absolutely amateurish set-up. Out of our own World Cup in the group stages and ended the Test series with a tail of Caddick, Mullally, Tufnell and Giddins.

Thank God that Duncan Fletcher arrived.

The 90s was not a great time to watch England at cricket.

That's why everyone went nuts when we won the Ashes in 2005.

22 hours ago, Vacamion said:

The 90s was not a great time to watch England at cricket.

That's why everyone went nuts when we won the Ashes in 2005.

An MP has motioned a change in the law to make England's home test matches free to air. 

I'm all on board with this but can't see it happening any time soon. Sky do a good job of it currently and the money flows into the ECB.

Let's hope they're some compromise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

An MP has motioned a change in the law to make England's home test matches free to air. 

I'm all on board with this but can't see it happening any time soon. Sky do a good job of it currently and the money flows into the ECB.

Let's hope they're some compromise.

This is where government has to act as a bulwark against corporate interests for the benefit of many. Sky do a good job and the ECB highlights package (that normally is released on the same day as play) is likewise superb, but the game needs at least some free-to-air interest to grow.

If that means bunging the ECB some to make up for Sky having a tantrum over not having total exclusivity any more, so be it. Home Tests should never have been removed from Category A of the Ofcom Code in the first place.

• Like 3