Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Enjoying the South Africa, India match, India struggling massively.

Seth Efrica is one of the places where India travel the poorest, looking back at history. Perhaps it's a combination of the conditions (rather England-like) and the quality seam and swing bowling in those conditions that the Saffers consistently come up with.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Seth Efrica is one of the places where India travel the poorest, looking back at history. Perhaps it's a combination of the conditions (rather England-like) and the quality seam and swing bowling in those conditions that the Saffers consistently come up with.

This is embarrassing though

Looking forward a bit, I do wonder how the England team are going to tour against this India team. The conditions and the quality of opposition have always made it the most difficult place to go (more so than Aus, I reckon), but this England team didn't look half bad when they went to Pakistan recently, so I think it could well be a rather well fought series.

24 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Looking forward a bit, I do wonder how the England team are going to tour against this India team. The conditions and the quality of opposition have always made it the most difficult place to go (more so than Aus, I reckon), but this England team didn't look half bad when they went to Pakistan recently, so I think it could well be a rather well fought series.

Pakistan is traditionally a lot more seam friendly though. I seem to remember Anderson and Robinson extracting a lot of reverse swing there which is unlikely in India. I do worry that our spin attack won't be good enough to do the heavy lifting. 

Conversely, we do have some excellent players of spin in our team in Duckett, Root and Brook, so there is hope. My main hope is that the BCCI don't just prepare minefield pitches like last time, which somewhat ruined the series. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Love to see India humbled. They so badly want to be the new Australia. 

Could be an interesting day 4 in Melbourne. 240/6 effectively Australia atm. 

Cummins lead by example I guess?

Another bit of wicket keeper controversy it seems involving Alex Carey.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/133513432/controversial-dismissal-swings-boxing-day-test-in-australias-favour-as-they-beat-pakistan-by-79-runs

7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Cummins lead by example I guess?

Another bit of wicket keeper controversy it seems involving Alex Carey.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/133513432/controversial-dismissal-swings-boxing-day-test-in-australias-favour-as-they-beat-pakistan-by-79-runs

Yep Cummins class. Dragged them through. Great game though, Pakistan very close 

• Thanks 1