Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm a broken record on this, but Bell-Drummond deserves his go this summer.

Hard to see it not happening. He'd be 15 caps deep already in most eras.

Yeah we've discussed him a few times, he won't though will he, don't think I've even heard of him being considered for the white ball squads, so doubt we'll see him get a test call up.

Good summer to give Cook a go as well

• Like 1

Just watched an absolutely fantastic county cricket match at Hove between Sussex and 2nd div title favourites (not any more) Yorkshire. What a shame it will be buried beneath the bollocks that is the Premier League and/or the IPL. It was first class sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Just watched an absolutely fantastic county cricket match at Hove between Sussex and 2nd div title favourites (not any more) Yorkshire. What a shame it will be buried beneath the bollocks that is the Premier League and/or the IPL. It was first class sport.

How did Robinson look? Saw him at Derbyshire a couple of weeks ago and didn't see too much to suggest he'd be the obvious heir to Anderson.

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

How did Robinson look? Saw him at Derbyshire a couple of weeks ago and didn't see too much to suggest he'd be the obvious heir to Anderson.

He was bowling well, but not taking wickets - if that makes sense. But when Sussex needed someone to turn up - he did. Took Yorkshire's last 3 for next to nothing. Lyth was the key wicket - and he got him. He strikes me as the sort of bowler who'll get more wickets for other bowlers than he will for himself. Not sure who is going to do that job for England. I'd 100% pick him though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

He was bowling well, but not taking wickets - if that makes sense. But when Sussex needed someone to turn up - he did. Took Yorkshire's last 3 for next to nothing. Lyth was the key wicket - and he got him. He strikes me as the sort of bowler who'll get more wickets for other bowlers than he will for himself. Not sure who is going to do that job for England. I'd 100% pick him though. 

Yeah, get that. He does build pressure for his teammates to capitalise on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, get that. He does build pressure for his teammates to capitalise on.

He definitely stepped up when he was needed. Yorks looked like they were going to win needing about 30 runs with 3 wickets in hand and Lyth at the crease. And he got the fire - I could see it in his body language. I like that in a player (Vardy).

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I know that's what gets given as to why he's been overlooked, but don't see it being an issue in English conditions

Be interesting to see him given a go, for sure. His first class average is exceptional and he's done it for a sustained period now. Just wonder whether he's got that extra nip which would trouble top-class batsmen.

Selectors seem to have an obsession with building a team for the 23/24 Ashes though, rather than picking the best team to win in the here and now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Be interesting to see him given a go, for sure. His first class average is exceptional and he's done it for a sustained period now. Just wonder whether he's got that extra nip which would trouble top-class batsmen.

Selectors seem to have an obsession with building a team for the 23/24 Ashes though, rather than picking the best team to win in the here and now.

Yeah then they'll be moaning all our faster bowlers are crocked because they've over played them 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

World T20 starts tomorrow with more teams than ever .

It is good to encourage new nations to progress and perform but the trouble is these tournaments do drag  along .

Blame (mostly) the BCCI and the ICC for that. They want maximum revenue so they want India featuring as much as possible, hence the extended group format (which is at least a little better than the World Cup which just takes the piss stretching things out and excluding teams) rather than more knockout matches like in football.

The thing could be done in much less time if it followed a similar format to the football World Cups.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Blame (mostly) the BCCI and the ICC for that. They want maximum revenue so they want India featuring as much as possible, hence the extended group format (which is at least a little better than the World Cup which just takes the piss stretching things out and excluding teams) rather than more knockout matches like in football.

The thing could be done in much less time if it followed a similar format to the football World Cups.

Playing less initial group games aren't they, so not sure why they don't go straight in to a knockout after that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Playing less initial group games aren't they, so not sure why they don't go straight in to a knockout after that

See above. More games for India. (And tbf to a lesser extent, for Aus and England too.)

All about that TV revenue.