Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Poor decision making today from Butler, bowling first was not a good decision on this pitch. Letting a part time bowler, bowl in second over which was the most expensive conceded in the whole match, being what just over 3 overs in we're already allowed Australia to knock up 50 without no wicket, you know it's going to be a long afternoon. Getting 200 was always a tough ask but a really slow period between 7th over and 15th where we only manager to score 20 runs, playing some pointless weak singles when desperately needed fours and sixes. Too much slowness and players treating it like a 50 over matching, thinking playing it safe and take their time. Bairstow was in for about half an hour yet only made 7 runs... poor whilst Ali who not his biggest fan of managed to make 23 in less that time. 

Staggeringly poor decision making. I'd assume there was a fair bit of input about bowling first - and bowling Jacks. More than Buttler to blame. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone actually impressed with Mott?

The side he inherited in 2022 was always going to win that T20 WC IMO. We’ve been crap in white ball pretty much ever since. 

I still don’t see why we can’t just have one coach though. Just sort the bloody scheduling out! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The side he inherited in 2022 was always going to win that T20 WC IMO. We’ve been crap in white ball pretty much ever since. 

I still don’t see why we can’t just have one coach though. Just sort the bloody scheduling out! 

Don't mind having a different coach but he's been awful

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't mind having a different coach but he's been awful

Just seems a particular shame given how agressive our test coach is lol 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think our squad is pony tbh.

Jordan is past his prime and Jack's is too inconsistent for me.

Hain and Ahmed should've gone.

I'd of taken Bell-Drummond as well, or at least tried him out over the past few years to have him as an option.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Squad is weaker than 2 years ago without Woakes, Hales and Stokes, while other players being two years older. We had an amazing generation of white ball talent, but there isn't a new generation of players to push into this team. Livingstone is picked but he hasn't scored a run in ages. Even if you look at the Blast, some of the best performers are aging pros like Samit Patel, who you wouldn't consider for England.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Squad is weaker than 2 years ago without Woakes, Hales and Stokes, while other players being two years older. We had an amazing generation of white ball talent, but there isn't a new generation of players to push into this team. Livingstone is picked but he hasn't scored a run in ages. Even if you look at the Blast, some of the best performers are aging pros like Samit Patel, who you wouldn't consider for England.

There's enough talent to at least push some of these lot who seemingly get picked all the time

Gave away too many boundaries and the Aussies cleared the boundary well, that was the difference. Australia are a well drilled unit when things are going their way. All bases covered. 

He has a habit of shutting everyone up but think we are coming to the end of Bairstow in international cricket, needs to be opening or not in the side. Livingstone is living off reputation but he is not helped by coming in so low, doesn't give him a chance with only 5 overs left.

The decision to bowl a part time spinner to two left handers, towards the small boundary in the powerplay was astonishing. 

No variety in the fast bowling, I'd remove Bairstow, promote Livingstone and have Curran has a left hander option who can also bat lower down the order. Yes, he has his bad bowling games occasionally but think he will suit these pitches. Wood and Archer are the same, but Archer has more variety. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I think there definitely is a new generation, they’ve just been blocked of opportunity by loyalty to some of these lot.