Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I could have phrased that better. I was putting everyone into the “crap teams” bracket… no one has exactly shone yet have they, even the big boys!

I do still think you’d get a good mix of association teams even if they had a mini tournament first. Just means the ones that get through have really earned their chance against similar level.

It’s all just felt very flat to me. Hopefully the quality (of everyone) improves. 

I guess its like the now 48 team world cup in football.

Be a few who will be totally outclassed but hopefully most will be competitive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Exactly this. After sandpaper gate they can't afford to be less than squeaky clean. 

Hazlewood's comments were ridiculously stupid. 

Don't think his comments were actually that bad were they unless he's said something since. There's a big difference between easing up when you have a game won to potentially knock out a better side to actually losing a game

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't think his comments were actually that bad were they unless he's said something since. There's a big difference between easing up when you have a game won to potentially knock out a better side to actually losing a game

Without the issues they've had in the past, I'd agree, but that isn't the case, sorry.

Australia took 'a vow' to clear up their game & be better towards opponents after being caught out in South Africa.

Obviously it's my opinion but Hazlewood's comments weren't helpful, plus captain Cummins quickly tried to diffuse the potential issue with his statement.

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Typically has to be us.

Seems to be a wet weekend in the USA and West Indies .

Typically dumb idea to hold a big world event in the wet season of the region lol

Most of the time I guess there's going to be sun, but we're about to enter hurricane season in the US (Florida especially) and the Caribbean's rainy season is pretty much starting now lol

If anything holding a World Cup in the Caribbean at least has to be in Jan/Feb when it's much drier. 

Very unfortunate that rain has such an impact at one-dayer tournaments like this. You can forgive the odd game here and there being called off or reduced, but one side getting 2 games abandoned in a 4-game group is proper crap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Typically dumb idea to hold a big world event in the wet season of the region lol

Most of the time I guess there's going to be sun, but we're about to enter hurricane season in the US (Florida especially) and the Caribbean's rainy season is pretty much starting now lol

If anything holding a World Cup in the Caribbean at least has to be in Jan/Feb when it's much drier. 

Very unfortunate that rain has such an impact at one-dayer tournaments like this. You can forgive the odd game here and there being called off or reduced, but one side getting 2 games abandoned in a 4-game group is proper crap. 

Nearly as stupid as going on pre season tours of Thailand in the monsoon season to play football. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Without the issues they've had in the past, I'd agree, but that isn't the case, sorry.

Australia took 'a vow' to clear up their game & be better towards opponents after being caught out in South Africa.

Obviously it's my opinion but Hazlewood's comments weren't helpful, plus captain Cummins quickly tried to diffuse the potential issue with his statement.

I'm agreeing they wouldn't throw a game but knocking it about perhaps a bit slower than they would with only a few required wouldn't be beyond belief. They weren't arsed about the Bairstow incident which like the above would be within the rules.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Outfield looks horrendous 

The commentators were saying the groundstaff claimed the drainage was excellent whilst the images showed people walking through pools of water

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Viable?

Screenshot_20240615_190951_Firefox.jpg

I doubt it. Or do you mean have them all in one venue (or 1 per group). 

Not sure it's viable in the sense of even competition, but I do get the sentiment of trying something to find a winner! 

Maybe play indoor cricket instead if there's a washout :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just go for 5 overs straightaway don't bother with 11 ffs

It really is ridiculous, never known a sport shoot themselves in the foot time and time again more than Cricket.

Even if not 5 overs each, just get half an hour break in rain and have a super over each to at least get a result 

• Like 1