Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Why is there no reserve day for a semi final. Ridiculous

Because there needs to be enough time between the semi-final and final, to avoid teams playing and travelling on same day then playing again. 

What the ICC could have done to avoid this situation is have the final on Sunday. 

For what it's worth, I agree ICC should be fairer to all nations and not always pander to BCCI/India. 

As for cheering on players of the team, it's not that unbearable and not something to disregard. They're heroes back in their country - India cricket fans are just super passionate and they'll cheer anything. Can't really get annoyed at that. But guess it's normal to want to put India/Pakistan fans in their place - 'sit down, be quiet and enjoy the game normally

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Because there needs to be enough time between the semi-final and final, to avoid teams playing and travelling on same day then playing again. 

What the ICC could have done to avoid this situation is have the final on Sunday. 

For what it's worth, I agree ICC should be fairer to all nations and not always pander to BCCI/India. 

As for cheering on players of the team, it's not that unbearable and not something to disregard. They're heroes back in their country - India cricket fans are just super passionate and they'll cheer anything. Can't really get annoyed at that. But guess it's normal to want to put India/Pakistan fans in their place - 'sit down, be quiet and enjoy the game normally

I can't imagine Indian fans cheering an empty pitch with rain for days on end.

Seems bizarre that the ICC wouldn't want to do all they could to make sure India play the match.

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That is the point though. This should have all been planned into the scheduling of the tournament regardless of who was playing as contingency. Final on Sunday or start the semi finals a day earlier. It really isn't rocket science, just laziness.

Anyways I'm glad we've got a game at least

Edited by HybridFox

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Granted they're a passionate set of fans, got to appreciate that. Although the acoustics are irritating for me, incessant screaming is on par with vuvuzelas.

It is also unbearable when it's a game in England and 99% of the India fans there are born and live in England and more often than not support Liverpool or Man United. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure where I said that? 

You haven't.

Its a general comment that the if the ICC are bending over backwards to assist India then the key thing is to make sure they actually play and not just get byes due to weather. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Granted they're a passionate set of fans, got to appreciate that. Although the acoustics are irritating for me, incessant screaming is on par with vuvuzelas.

It is also unbearable when it's a game in England and 99% of the India fans there are born and live in England and more often than not support Liverpool or Man United. 

I'm glad I'm in the 1% then :D

Although I don't see what relevance there is of what football team a fan supports at a cricket match. I'm sure there's thousands of England fans that attend games that don't support their local team, but in this scenario it's irrelevant... 

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

You haven't.

Its a general comment that the if the ICC are bending over backwards to assist India then the key thing is to make sure they actually play and not just get byes due to weather. 

This is the thing, they shouldn't be bending over backwards? As far as I can see though there's a game in play right now... 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I can sense the frustration here tbh man and I get it - it isn't fair to generalise the vast fanbase and general cricketing structure of India, as some are wont to do (as much as I try to qualify my own remarks, I know I may have strayed into that territory myself in the past).

I guess there's just frustration all round from fans in other places and reasonable India fans like yourself at the way both the BCCI and the more unreasonable parts of the fanbase (who by virtue of sheer numbers do make themselves known frequently online) act, but that's no reason to generalise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Apparently India will go through based on historic results!?

Ah, that rule rather than the ridiculous pitch inspection one then.

I don't see how they can decide it another way if it's washed out and there's no reserve day tbh.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, that rule rather than the ridiculous pitch inspection one then.

I don't see how they can decide it another way if it's washed out and there's no reserve day tbh.

Surely they could at least cram in a super over. Seems crazy to me that you can play a whole tournament and miss out on a final due to something out of your control 

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Apparently India will go through based on historic results!?

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Surely they could at least cram in a super over. Seems crazy to me that you can play a whole tournament and miss out on a final due to something out of your control 

Finishing first in the group... 

Better way would be something like most sixes or most boundaries. 

They probably can't decide it on a super over if the weather is so badly intermittent that that in itself may not be possible on any given day. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They probably can't decide it on a super over if the weather is so badly intermittent that that in itself may not be possible on any given day. 

Yeah any of those would be fair 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm glad I'm in the 1% then :D

Although I don't see what relevance there is of what football team a fan supports at a cricket match. I'm sure there's thousands of England fans that attend games that don't support their local team, but in this scenario it's irrelevant... 

This is the thing, they shouldn't be bending over backwards? As far as I can see though there's a game in play right now... 

I know plenty of Leicester fans that don’t support Leicestershire. 

Glad the game’s in play, you can take losing if you’ve been beaten on the day. Well, I can anyway! 

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Top two are probably unfair, as we've seen during this tournament the weather has played such a big part. Suppose you could do average boundary per overs faced during the competition.