Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Pleased to see Pennington called up. He's really impressed me so far this season and looks to bowl a great line very consistently. 

As others have said, Smith decision makes no sense. Very good player, there's no doubt, but if you're going to move on from Bairstow/Foakes (the latter of which I don't agree with), surely Robinson is the next cab off the rank. Positive batting and very good glovework, he's surely better in both departments than Smith?

Strikes me as big county bias again. And I don't think the difference between Div 1 and Div 2 is anywhere near wide enough for that to be the justification. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

Pleased to see Pennington called up. He's really impressed me so far this season and looks to bowl a great line very consistently. 

As others have said, Smith decision makes no sense. Very good player, there's no doubt, but if you're going to move on from Bairstow/Foakes (the latter of which I don't agree with), surely Robinson is the next cab off the rank. Positive batting and very good glovework, he's surely better in both departments than Smith?

Strikes me as big county bias again. And I don't think the difference between Div 1 and Div 2 is anywhere near wide enough for that to be the justification. 

Robinson is Division 1 anyway isn't he this season

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Bloke should tell England to fvck off and just retire. Pissed about for years despite doing little wrong. His replacement doesn't even make any sense when Robinson at Durham has been tearing it up with the bat lately- and is a better keeper than Smith.

Pennington deserves his chance. His work rate in particular is really impressive.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Smith going well for Surrey today

Glad my post inspired him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Mad chase of 593 going on by Glamorgan at the moment. Would be a first-class record. Currently 555-8 with 12 overs left to get them.

Ended up as a tie, 592 all out.

3 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Ended up as a tie, 592 all out.

Keeper Bracey taking a diving one handed catch with no glove on to seal it off the last ball!

Shame on anyone who thinks we need less of this stuff and more of the made-up drivel we're all about to have shoved down our throats in the prime of summer...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Keeper Bracey taking a diving one handed catch with no glove on to seal it off the last ball!

Shame on anyone who thinks we need less of this stuff and more of the made-up drivel we're all about to have shoved down our throats in the prime of summer...

Mental this, incredible celebration as well.

No glove for quicker shy at the stumps? Don't think I've ever seen them ditch glove before ball even bowled.

How many times do you get to see 1 run needed for win, 1 ball remaining, 1 wicket in hand in FC cricket?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Mental this, incredible celebration as well.

No glove for quicker shy at the stumps? Don't think I've ever seen them ditch glove before ball even bowled.

How many times do you get to see 1 run needed for win, 1 ball remaining, 1 wicket in hand in FC cricket?

Yeah, just a crazy day. Mad thing is how comfortable Glamorgan looked for most of the day too!

Feel sorry for Bracey as he's another keeper whose career England have tried to ruin. Unbelievable work to save that game yesterday.

Brilliant from the keeper - but think its funny seeing a team celebrate like that when they've let the opposition get 592 in the 4th innings lol But great drama. 

Stupid from the batsmen to throw the bat at it so hard - just get bat on ball and leg it. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Brilliant from the keeper - but think its funny seeing a team celebrate like that when they've let the opposition get 592 in the 4th innings lol But great drama. 

Stupid from the batsmen to throw the bat at it so hard - just get bat on ball and leg it. 

Agreed, no need for such a big swing.

Celebration wise, must be like being 4-0 up, concede 5 then bag a 90+8 equaliser

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Like when Sussex almost let us chase them down last year and celebrated like tits