Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't expect a big crowd in the West Indies but jeez, its almost empty.

No different to most places in the world, especially on a Thursday. Sad reflection of the state the ICC and Big Three have let the world game get into.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No different to most places in the world, especially on a Thursday. Sad reflection of the state the ICC and Big Three have let the world game get into.

I don't disagree but surely more can be done at a local level to get people through the door. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't disagree but surely more can be done at a local level to get people through the door. 

Think Barbados is the only place that gets decent crowds these days, and that’s probably as it’s the most accessible to foreigners. 

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Is this pitch a minefield or is it ball just totally outplaying bat?

the pitch is fine, the conditions are very bowler friendly so I’m guessing it’s very humid(?) but it’s mainly been terrible batting. 

• Like 1

Shame to see Old Trafford looking pretty flat and half empty for a first morning of a test match. Not the biggest of opposition I know but feel like they need to show there is interest in order to keep test matches in the North west. 

Apologies for a few posts in a row. 

But this start for Sri Lanka is the reason why we have such an aggressive approach with the openers. 

The Sri Lankan lads looked solid then all of a sudden they get a couple of good balls and they are gone, with only 6 on the board. 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Shame to see Old Trafford looking pretty flat and half empty for a first morning of a test match. Not the biggest of opposition I know but feel like they need to show there is interest in order to keep test matches in the North west. 

It is indeed a shame but I suspect people thought that this would be a total mismatch and wasn't worth spending big money to see. Looks like they were right............

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I live in Manchester and go to the OT test match most years. Didn't get a ticket this year because the prices were ridiculous. Cheapest I could find for today was almost 70 quid when you factor in admin fees. I expect to pay that and more for the big matches against Australia and India but balk at that sort of money for what's likely to be a pretty one sided game. Cheapest adult tickets for Friday are £72 in the party stand. In 2022 I paid about 50 quid for the test against South Africa which felt reasonable. If there's any play on day 4 I might take my chances and get a ticket as there are some still available for around 40 quid.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Can't wait to have the same conversations about India players and fans throughout the summer :ph34r:

What, about Kohli being the only one that can bat in English conditions, the fans actually having a larger share of the ground than the English fans and the quicks being... well, actually pretty well adapted to seaming conditions and pitches these days?

Yup. :D

Edited by leicsmac
  • Haha 1