Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Feel for Hameed, a century the other week v India and then a golden duck 

I really like the lad but only himself to blame tbh. Full, straight, no seam or swing, think most club cricketers would have kept it out. 

55 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm probably on my own here but batsmen who get to 100 and start running around like they've scored the winner in a FA cup final rubs me up the wrong way.  Whatever happen to a gentle raise of the bat?:ph34r:

I want Jadeja to get a ton in the series just to spite you :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Curran might be done here. I'm not sure what purpose he serves.

England do seem to rely on their captains a lot, who are almost always batsmen for some reason, like MOTM - bloody batsman bias winds me up. I hope a bowler gets MOTM in this test - been hard work for them.  Good match though.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stupidity from Sharma. 

Hits a six, fine. 

England obviously put an extra man out there for the pull shot on the boundary. 

Hits another pull and gets caught. 

Silly choice. 

It's one of the most obvious tricks in the book but it does continue to work.

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We're losing this then. Bad enough losing Sharma in this session. Rahul and Kohli to follow before lunch is bad. 

Don't have much faith in Pujara or Rahane to stick around for long in their form. 

Surely there's still hope while you have Jadeja and especially Pant to come? I wouldn't rule anything out yet. 

31 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Surely there's still hope while you have Jadeja and especially Pant to come? I wouldn't rule anything out yet. 

Perhaps. But the chances heavily decrease without the top order making any big scores. Especially Kohli, Sharma and Rahul failing. 

Pant and Jadeja could get big scores, but their games and shots are higher risk, therefore easier for your pace bowlers to target. 

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm enjoying it :D

(for now) 

It's probably going to take at least one batting collapse to force a result but that's the game, it should be a test of everything for both batsmen and bowlers. A five match series gives you leeway too.

• Like 1

I think we'll struggle to get to lunch tomorrow without being all out. 

New ball presumably will be taken first thing. The absence of Wood (if he's still injured) won't make a difference. Enough in Anderson, Curran, Robinson to get the job done. Anything under 200 is easily chaseable. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think we'll struggle to get to lunch tomorrow without being all out. 

New ball presumably will be taken first thing. The absence of Wood (if he's still injured) won't make a difference. Enough in Anderson, Curran, Robinson to get the job done. Anything under 200 is easily chaseable. 

Totally agree with that. Unfortunately we rely on Root far too much. If he fails we will struggle to chase 180.