Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mate the openers will likely knick off anyway! 

Yep. 

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Why does kohli always need to act like a complete bellend? They say he's a nice guy but he comes across like a total ****.

What did he do? 

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think letting him open consistently isn't the right idea. But this is a shootout situation, one off, one innings, just do something different!

We are so vanilla and so behind the times in test cricket, which makes no sense when you see our approach to one day stuff.

Guess it couldn't have gone any worse than what we've witnessed so far!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

New to cricket?

I find it weird how the English attitude towards individual behaviour shifts wildly from sport to sport. 

Kohli would be absolutely loved in football for his passion and enthusiasm, he'd be celebrated and smirked at in rugby for his chirping in the ear of the opposition and refs. 

And the exact same fans watching cricket find him irritating and off putting because of a few exuberant fist pumps and a bit of a swagger. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Finnegan said:

I find it weird how the English attitude towards individual behaviour shifts wildly from sport to sport. 

Kohli would be absolutely loved in football for his passion and enthusiasm, he'd be celebrated and smirked at in rugby for his chirping in the ear of the opposition and refs. 

And the exact same fans watching cricket find him irritating and off putting because of a few exuberant fist pumps and a bit of a swagger. 

No he wouldn't.

He's an overly aggressive bellend with no sense of humour. Got upset because Anderson swore at him yesterday and then he proceeded to do the same. Guy is a clown (obviously a great player).

It's just totally unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really like Kohli. His passion for his country is great and - most importantly - his love of Test cricket is super important for the future of that form of the game given the ridiculous influence India wields within the sport.

• Like 2

I've said on here before that I think that Kohli is a poor winner and a worse loser but there's no denying his skill at both batting and captaincy and, as Voll says above, he keeps India interested in Test cricket which is incredibly important.

Edited by leicsmac

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I've said on here before that I think that Kohli is a poor winner and a worse loser but there's no denying his skill at both batting can captaincy and, as Voll says above, he keeps India interested in Test cricket which is incredibly important.

We certainly wouldn't be complaining if we had a skipper with more edge/adventure!!

33 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

New to cricket?

Course not but just wondering what in particular did he do today that caused the comment. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary lol

Everyone knows he is ultra passionate, sometimes abrasive and can be aggressive in his approach and general persona. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Course not but just wondering what in particular did he do today that caused the comment. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary lol

Everyone knows he is ultra passionate, sometimes abrasive and can be aggressive in his approach and general persona. 

Thought the incident between him and Anderson reflected very poorly on him tbh but I only need to turn the TV on to hear him chatting some utter shit.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We certainly wouldn't be complaining if we had a skipper with more edge/adventure!!

Most people thought pietersen was an absolute **** including his own teammates.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Most people thought pietersen was an absolute **** including his own teammates.

You're not seriously comparing the two though are you? 

I'm the resident, perpetual cricket novice. It's not my sport, I watch it as a massive casual and I don't hide that fact. But even I know Pietersen is a tool in far away his own class. 

Even David Warner doesn't reach those heights. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You're not seriously comparing the two though are you? 

I'm the resident, perpetual cricket novice. It's not my sport, I watch it as a massive casual and I don't hide that fact. But even I know Pietersen is a tool in far away his own class. 

Even David Warner doesn't reach those heights. 

Not directly no but all nuance is lost here. We had a cricketer with 'edge' and 'aggression' and we all thought he was a bellend. Its far more complicated than that but as a country I don't think we really favour loud mouth, brash sportsman - my response was to that point.

Whether we'd really like kohli here I've no idea - the answer is probably yes if he scored runs and definitely not if he wasn't scoring. 

Top order continues to be the thing that really scuppers the test side. Fearful of what will happen in Australia over the winter. 

Just for context, there have been more bye’s registered than Sibley has scored registered across this test match. He has to go. Average shy of 30 doesn’t qualify an England opener.