Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Osavo said:

In fairness that was probably bad luck. Think they would have knocked off those runs pretty easily.

Probably. I was just poking some fun.

Can't see England staging a fight back. We're a one man batting line up. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

That is it then.

Very disappointing!

Congratulations India .

Excellent play today.

As for last night - apparently England asked to go off as well ?

Surely not? Only way I can see that is if they weren't allowed to bowl their quicks?

Thought root was very classy after the game. Easy to forget hes without two of his outstanding quicks in broad and archer, and the world's best all rounder. Someone like Woakes would come in really useful right now as well.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

****ed the last hour off to go and do the Aldi big shop so I’ve just caught the highlights. Absolute clinic in bowling to the tail from India there to be fair - England completely schooled. 

Root looked in bits at the end - looked like he was close to tears, and a lot of talk about how he needs to improve as a captain and taking it on the chin etc etc. Must be so mentally draining when you’ve batted your heart out for two tests on the trot and now you’re now down in a home series and nobody else looks like stepping up to pick up the slack. Probably thinking what more can I do?! 

**** me. Stat just on now - he has the highest % of team runs of all time in 2021. Embarrassing for the rest of the batsmen. Second highest was Bradman, for context. Neigh on a hundred bastard years ago! 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Barely anyone can bat. Our bowling attack is being decimated by the week (Wood the latest with his shoulder). 

We're only playing against the best team in the world who are fully prepared.

Cricket doesn't usually get me raging but this is unacceptable. 2021 in Test cricket has been disgusting from England.

Set up is too cosy . The likes of Malan and Denley  don’t get selected because they are ( allegedly) “ difficult “ . The upshot is we go in with club cricketers like Hameed and Sibley and you could play Leach or Jordan instead of Curran and improve the batting and the bowling 

Edited by surrifox

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Set up is too cosy . The likes of Malan and Denley  don’t get selected because they are ( allegedly) “ difficult “ . The upshot is we go in with club cricketers like Hameed and Sibley and you could play Leach instead of Curran and improve the batting and the bowling 

They probably aren't up to it at Test level but that's a ridiculous statement. Both are perfectly decent batters at county level.

I do agree on Malan though. One of several we assumed we could find an upgrade on but never have.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Set up is too cosy . The likes of Malan and Denley  don’t get selected because they are ( allegedly) “ difficult “ . The upshot is we go in with club cricketers like Hameed and Sibley and you could play Leach or Jordan instead of Curran and improve the batting and the bowling 

Malan and denley are shit though. Nothing to do with their character.

47 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Surely not? Only way I can see that is if they weren't allowed to bowl their quicks?

Thought root was very classy after the game. Easy to forget hes without two of his outstanding quicks in broad and archer, and the world's best all rounder. Someone like Woakes would come in really useful right now as well.

I think that might have been the reason but maybe mis heard.

Maybe they meant we wanted to play the quick bowlers but weren't allowed.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not many sportsmen I dislike more than Kohli. 

Whys that?

Is this abit like most away fans hate Vardy but WE love him because hes absolutely  awesome for us and will be a GOAT in our shirt?

Would you want Kohli n your team? genuinely interested, I'm not starting beef(For a change!!!).

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, Raj said:

Whys that?

Is this abit like most away fans hate Vardy but WE love him because hes absolutely  awesome for us and will be a GOAT in our shirt?

Would you want Kohli n your team? genuinely interested, I'm not starting beef(For a change!!!).

Exactly the same, if you can imagine vardy playing cricket though it's quite the thought.

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Realistically, where do we go from here with this test side? What is the answer? 

Throw some jelly beans on the wicket, like England did a few years ago.

Seriously though, the only thing that has kept England in test matches recently has been their bowling, and now because of injuries,  they look weak in that area too.

Edited by sm1