Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Purely because of how much white ball cricket we play now, but sadly the red ball side of it has suffered as a result.

Same for a lot of test sides to be fair.

Can't blame that for the tactics we used today again the tail, lost out heads.

4 hours ago, Manini said:

****ed the last hour off to go and do the Aldi big shop so I’ve just caught the highlights. Absolute clinic in bowling to the tail from India there to be fair - England completely schooled. 

Root looked in bits at the end - looked like he was close to tears, and a lot of talk about how he needs to improve as a captain and taking it on the chin etc etc. Must be so mentally draining when you’ve batted your heart out for two tests on the trot and now you’re now down in a home series and nobody else looks like stepping up to pick up the slack. Probably thinking what more can I do?! 

**** me. Stat just on now - he has the highest % of team runs of all time in 2021. Embarrassing for the rest of the batsmen. Second highest was Bradman, for context. Neigh on a hundred bastard years ago! 

My view, he carries on batting, and Jimmy Anderson takes over as temporary captain.

Root is on a horrendous losing streak in test cricket and tactically has been awful this year

He is batting out of his skin and has to lead the batting, but **** me we need a better tactician as captain

11 hours ago, Raj said:

Whys that?

Is this abit like most away fans hate Vardy but WE love him because hes absolutely  awesome for us and will be a GOAT in our shirt?

Would you want Kohli n your team? genuinely interested, I'm not starting beef(For a change!!!).

Yeah, I imagine if Kohli was English then i'd love him.

But as he's not, I can't stand him.

I don't think Vardy ever crosses the line with other players like Kohli does though.

Got to say, this is the best pace attack i've seen for absolutely ages and certainly the best Indian one i've ever seen.

Siraj, Shami, Sharma and Bumrah are all absolutely brilliant and each walk into our side.

If you were to do a combined XI, other than Jimmy and Root I don't think anyone else actually gets in.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Got to say, this is the best pace attack i've seen for absolutely ages and certainly the best Indian one i've ever seen.

Siraj, Shami, Sharma and Bumrah are all absolutely brilliant and each walk into our side.

If you were to do a combined XI, other than Jimmy and Root I don't think anyone else actually gets in.

I was surprised Sharma still gets in the squad but his swing bowling in this test has proved why. For some reason I thought he's about 34 or 35.

Siraj is a great find - I just hope his hot-headed side doesn't take him too far and over the line. 

Bumrah still astounds me. Those two still being very young (27) is great. And Shami is only 30, good few years still left in him. 

Out of the current England XI you're probably right. But I'd have Stokes in a combined one for sure. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I was surprised Sharma still gets in the squad but his swing bowling in this test has proved why. For some reason I thought he's about 34 or 35.

Siraj is a great find - I just hope his hot-headed side doesn't take him too far and over the line. 

Bumrah still astounds me. Those two still being very young (27) is great. And Shami is only 30, good few years still left in him. 

Out of the current England XI you're probably right. But I'd have Stokes in a combined one for sure. 

Yeah I suppose this Indian team is short of an all rounder but is otherwise fairly excellent.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Which two walk into our side ahead of Anderson and Broad? Two of the highest test wicket takers there’s ever been lol 

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

With all this hundred bollocks pasted everywhere I go on the internet I'm beginning to understand how people who don't like football feel during World Cup summers.

People who actually like cricket feel that way about it at the moment too...

This England test team is the worst its been since the 90's, alot the responsibility is with the ECB for chasing the cash with the Hundred and putting cricket behind a pay wall. With regards to the current test team i'd be inclined to make the following changes:

Burns-In keep for now 

Sibley- out

Hameed-Move to open with Burns

Root-out remove of captaincy burden

Bairstow-In

Buttler-In- give him the captaincy for the interim

Ali-In

Curran-Out

Robinson-In

Wood-In if fit

Anderson-in 

Team for Headingly- Burns, Hameed, Malan, Root, Bairstow, Buttler (c), Ali, Woakes (if fit), Robinson, Wood (if in doubt Mahmood), Anderson.  People may not agree with Malan but this team is crying for a bit of quality and experience and Malan did well in Aus last time round plus he's been in the form of his life in with the white ball over the last few years. Sibley isn't a test player for me, he has a narrow scoring range and his weaknesses have been found out. Think some of the Vince criticism is unfair too some players do/can come back from the wilderness if they work on there mental/technique, think Crawley/Pope are in this bracket at the moment.

Problem is that any wholesale changes are unlikely to happen during a test series as it may jeopardise/under mine the the current squad. From the outside of the test team its slim pickings but following the ECB's Pathway/Lions process to making the test team you'd think the following players would be up for consideration soon:

Openers:

Libby/Lees

Middle order:

Malan/Vince/Abell/Hain/Bohannon

Keepers:

Davies/Bracey

All rounders:

Overton

Bowlers:

Mahmood/Carse/Brookes/Virdi

The ECB need to be careful if this test team gets any worse they will struggle to sell out for upcoming home series if we are uncompetitive and in turn hurt themselves finically in the process.

massive issue is the focus on White ball, the batsmen don't seem able to bat for time anymore, Bairstow wants too but player zero red ball cricket between the winter tour and this series, same with everyone else.

With Stokes out we have no one else capable of a match winning innings besides Root

Edited by Jimmy

So glad two non-Hundred host counties have made the 50-over final, just a shame they've got less than 48 hours to sort travel plans to Nottingham from the North-East and South Wales though. It'll be a poverty attendance which the ECB will claim as justification that no-one cares about county cricket. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Saw the ending of the Hundred game last night. Birmingham vs Leeds I think it was. Genuinely found it to be really enjoyable.

Liam Livingstone is a monster. Think he's got to force his way into the England side as a permanent fixture really.

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

So glad two non-Hundred host counties have made the 50-over final, just a shame they've got less than 48 hours to sort travel plans to Nottingham from the North-East and South Wales though. It'll be a poverty attendance which the ECB will claim as justification that no-one cares about county cricket. :rolleyes:

Criminal they've put it on a Thursday, and the cynic in me says they've done it on purpose to ensure a crap attendance to fit their narrative.

I would have 100% gone if it was on the weekend, as would many others local I would think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

Criminal they've put it on a Thursday, and the cynic in me says they've done it on purpose to ensure a crap attendance to fit their narrative.

I would have 100% gone if it was on the weekend, as would many others local I would think.

Most tickets are only £10 too, it would be rude not to really.

On 16/08/2021 at 17:42, StanSP said:

Australia aren't that good either to be honest lol

Really interesting article on Langers style. Surprised me tbh and seems all is not well in the Aussie camp..

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/grumpy-coach-how-langer-s-volatile-approach-is-wearing-australia-down-20210817-p58jkg.html

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Glamorgan host the Hundred?

Agreed on the other counts. Sky are showing the final having given precisely zero coverage to this tournament.