Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hadn't heard of extras before for India....is he an all rounder? Third highest scorer for them.

@StanSP

This guys a fecking comedian!!!!!

😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm going to have to try and find my England top from back in Bothams era, the way this is going, I'll have to wear it work tomorrow!

Edited by Raj

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, where has anyone said this?

Ironic you moan about it when the Teapot criticised India for celebrating the last game lollollol

"fecking English never learn!"

Every time England won during the Euros, there'd be bitterness about diving, booing anthems and laser pens. So boring.

I don't have a problem with India going nuts as they did at Lord's, they deserved it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

"fecking English never learn!"

Every time England won during the Euros, there'd be bitterness about diving, booing anthems and laser pens. So boring.

I don't have a problem with India going nuts as they did at Lord's, they deserved it. 

what does that have to do with cricket?

It's quite clear the Teapot has some prejudiced about India that goes beyond cricket. Just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's quite clear the Teapot has some prejudiced about India that goes beyond cricket. Just saying.

Raj brought up the Euros first mate, not me.

I can't say I've paid attention to his comments about India until today.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm prejudiced against India? Wtf. This is beyond touchy. Can you demonstrate any evidence of this? I've criticised the cricket team and I may have taken the piss out of the fans.

Jeez. This is something else. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Pleasing to see Hameed and Burns digging in

Much better pace about the innings too, for the last five or so years we've got the balance entirely wrong by either being too gung ho or too defensive. 

21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Raj brought up the Euros first mate, not me.

I can't say I've paid attention to his comments about India until today.

I only started supporting the India cricket team after the last game😁😁😁

• Haha 1

Fantastic day from England (understatement). Even better given how dismal the last test was. 

TMS just said this is only the 3rd time in test cricket a team has skittled the opposition, passed the score and still had both openers at the close. Great stuff. 

• Like 1

Burns is a curious player- he looks all over the place when he starts but as he gets into his innings he looks settled and comfortable at the crease. You do wonder if he and Sibley were just not clicking (and certainly never batted long enough to form a proper understanding).

Hameed should be in the team as opener now, really surprised he was ditched so soon after his debut. Clearly got the ability and the technique.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Burns is a curious player- he looks all over the place when he starts but as he gets into his innings he looks settled and comfortable at the crease.

Hameed should be in the team as opener now, really surprised he was ditched so soon after his debut. Clearly got the ability and the technique.

Wasn't it because he broke his finger or wrist? 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wasn't it because he broke his finger or wrist? 

He did but in his first three Tests (in tough conditions in India) he scored a couple of half centuries- he definitely wasn't out of his depth. I know he lost form at county level but he was predicted to be Cook's replacement when he made his debut and they discarded him very quickly.

India looked a bit knackered if I’m honest and I can’t understand Kohli leaving Ashwin out again.

Burns and Haseeb have batted beautifully though and we should be getting 250-300 lead with relative ease.

I really rate Burns, glad the selectors have stuck with him. Nice to see Haseed get a 50* too, we all know he has the talent and ability to stay in this side.

Edited by Bobby Hundreds

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Burns is a curious player- he looks all over the place when he starts but as he gets into his innings he looks settled and comfortable at the crease. You do wonder if he and Sibley were just not clicking (and certainly never batted long enough to form a proper understanding).

I said it a few weeks ago and the commentators said pretty much the same thing towards the end of the day, with Burns it’s either go big or go home. 

• Like 1