Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hameed went into his shell this morning. Some good bowling. Knock a couple over here and the match will swing again.

I do like Malan at 3 , even if he gets between 30-50 runs, a bit of a better strike rate (currently 60 odd) after super steady openers is exactly what we need.

Also means Root doesn't have to come in and slap a few risky fours straight away.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, AjcW said:

I do like Malan at 3 , even if he gets between 30-50 runs, a bit of a better strike rate (currently 60 odd) after super steady openers is exactly what we need.

Also means Root doesn't have to come in and slap a few risky fours straight away.

Amazing how a bit of pace in the scoring rate can change stuff. It's fine hanging around for an hour but if youre 10-1 after it you're still under the cosh.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hameed went into his shell this morning. Some good bowling. Knock a couple over here and the match will swing again.

I doubt it, the pitch is offering nothing to the Indian bowlers. At best i think India could bat for a draw but if it dries out and turns then Ali will spin England to win.

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There are lots of factors in play but I think it shows the difference when you can come out to bat in a strong position rather than being massively under pressure. 

Hopefully we'll also see a difference in Bairstow, Buttler and Ali too. Couldn't ask for three better batsmen to be coming in in the position we're in!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Shane Warne just suggested Rohit Sharma to bowl :wes:

He's dreadful, I don't know what Sky see in him when you've had the likes of Simon Doull, Mel Jones, Kumar Sangakkara on commentary.

Warne with his G'Day everyone, alright geezer bantz is hideous.