Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

India played very well yesterday. Whilst Kohli is always a big wicket, these types of occasions are perfect for Pujara. I've always liked Pujara, bit of a throwback test cricketer and seems to go about his business in the same understated way year after year. Also inhabits possibly the most difficult position in the batting order.

Bit colder today though, together with some cloud cover and the new ball should mean an uncomfortable first session for the batsmen, even though they're set, but only if England bowl very well. The match result and, consequently the series result, may well come down to these next 20 overs. As always, absolutely crucial how England bowl with that new ball. If Kohli and Pujara get their eyes in quickly this morning, England could have a horrible target to chase on day 5 at some point. If that happens, England are capable of winning, batting out time or collapsing to a ridiculous defeat after that first India innings. Sure isn't boring being an English cricket fan.

If the weather doesn't intervene, this could be an absolute classic yet. I'd rather India were all out by lunch, but England are in a real fight here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Just glad there'll be something on the line either way when I go to Old Trafford in two weeks.

Same lol 

England totally obliterated and humiliated us in this test. About 75% of that was quite clearly as a result of the first innings, 20% of some solid batting to build a resounding and commanding lead, and then 5% this morning just doing the business with the new ball.

Been a weird series with some very talented play mixed in with some right stupidity you would not expect of some cricketers at this level!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same lol 

England totally obliterated and humiliated us in this test. About 75% of that was quite clearly as a result of the first innings, 20% of some solid batting to build a resounding and commanding lead, and then 5% this morning just doing the business with the new ball.

Been a weird series with some very talented play mixed in with some right stupidity you would not expect of some cricketers at this level!

Reckon India might do something to shore up their lower order? England have their problems but it's a complete lottery for you from 6 down!

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Reckon India might do something to shore up their lower order? England have their problems but it's a complete lottery for you from 6 down!

I think Ishant Sharma should be dropped - bring Ashwin in. Especially at The Oval. Think it'd be wise to have another spin option. 

I had pretty much lost my patience with Pujara then he plucks out a quick (by his standards) 91. I think Rahana has had too many chances, too. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 hours ago, Raj said:

Could be 1-1 by the end of today

Am I allowed to gloat now my man?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

On 27/08/2021 at 19:17, Corky said:

Says New Zealand and South Africa here 

https://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/england.html

Cricket has got to get real about how it organises tours. Flying to Pakistan next winter for a series and then on to Australia for a few poxy games - less than a year after we've been over for The Ashes - only to go back to Pakistan? Absolutely crazy. No wonder some players' mental health ends up on the floor.

Also a terrible look from an environmental point of view.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Cricket has got to get real about how it organises tours. Flying to Pakistan next winter for a series and then on to Australia for a few poxy games - less than a year after we've been over for The Ashes - only to go back to Pakistan? Absolutely crazy. No wonder some players' mental health ends up on the floor.

Also a terrible look from an environmental point of view.

Agreed.

Stand alone Triangular/ODI/IT20 tours should be binned off entirely. New Zealand coming here and getting a 2 test series is frankly embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1