Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

There is never anyone to stop the rot when things start falling. India are really impressive when they sense the game is there though. 

Our best chance was Hameed or Burns to take advantage of being in to get the scoreboard ticking along but neither of them have enough scoring shots. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Honestly don't see the doom and gloom of some here.

Literally played the whole series against a cricket obsessed nation of billions of people that have the most funding without our best player (stokes*) for the whole series. India are very good and are at full strength. We're doing pretty bloody well to even compete imo. 

*arguably you'd say root now but for the last three years it's been stokes.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Wrong mindset from the off this morning, no surprise. Set up to grind out a draw from ball one which immediately hands the initiative to the bowlers when you start pushing and prodding at average deliveries. 

Come out and slap a few boundries with your chest out and all of a sudden the fielding team start to question there own tactics. 

Easy game  lol

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everyone else but me seemed to believe this collapse would happen lol

And me!!!

Great to see though...oh I mean, yeah proper bad erm...bad.....🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Raj

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Literally played the whole series against a cricket obsessed nation of billions of people that have the most funding without our best player (stokes*) for the whole series. India are very good and are at full strength. We're doing pretty bloody well to even compete imo. 

I'd agree with the point about injuries, but personally my own expectations for this series came from India being schooled in these conditions in the past three series in England and not really seeing anything from their batting lineup that would suggest they are better players of the swinging ball now (Rohit and Kohli aside).

The difference is however (that I didn't account for tbh) that their quick bowling lineup has improved vastly, and as such they've put more pressure on the England batsmen than the other way round.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'd agree with the point about injuries, but personally my own expectations for this series came from India being schooled in these conditions in the past three series in England and not really seeing anything from their batting lineup that would suggest they are better players of the swinging ball now (Rohit and Kohli aside).

The difference is however (that I didn't account for tbh) that their quick bowling lineup has improved vastly, and as such they've put more pressure on the England batsmen than the other way round.

Their bowling lineup is as good as anyone's now, if not better. 

41 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

In isolation that fine.

But I don't think we are making the most of the talent we have, we look weak mentally and poor tactically.  

We look confused at time at the best way to go about winning a game.  

We have too many brain farts in my view and repeat the same mistake again and again. 

50 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I did think this earlier, but we just seem to collapse so often.

I just get annoyed that we play so much white ball cricket that our red ball game suffers.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

In isolation that fine.

But I don't think we are making the most of the talent we have, we look weak mentally and poor tactically.  

We look confused at time at the best way to go about winning a game.  

We have too many brain farts in my view and repeat the same mistake again and again. 

That's what pressure does and the best sides put you under pressure enough to make mistakes.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I did think this earlier, but we just seem to collapse so often.

I just get annoyed that we play so much white ball cricket that our red ball game suffers.

We play so much white ball because that's where the money is going....the ipl and the big bash make millions out of it and we have nothing that compares.

It’s genuinely mind blowing how bad we can be when the pressure is on, but regardless of how good the pitch my look it’s still 5 days old and it’s September! Was never going to be plain sailing lol 

All the pundits were going on this morning about how good the pitch was, how sunny and hot it was, how easy it looked for Hameed and Burns last night, they never ****ing learn. 

The English players had more than 24hrs to prepare...

Burns, Hameed.            No complaints,they Set their Stall out..

Malan....                          Why even Think about Running These Type of quick Singles at this Stage..!!

Pope

Bairstow                          To all 3, they must of known, what the Pitch is doing..IMO Lacksidasical game day mental- preperation

Moen

In the last 3-4 yrs, England have failed to turn any major Point in the game around,

and struggle to prevent last 3 wickets making deciding high Run partnerships.

Where we have collapsed too often...

Twice in this series, we had India with 7-8 down..und had no idea,no Flexibiliity or desire to ofter different Bowling options (yorkers...etec)Why

Today was Start-up day....

It Not the losing..Bit  theCamp-squid how.!!!

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's literally the perfect day for it. Same as yesterday. Blue skies, sun, dry. Batsmen's dream... 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

All the pundits were going on this morning about how good the pitch was, how sunny and hot it was, how easy it looked for Hameed and Burns last night, they never ****ing learn. 

:D

• Like 1