Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Just now, deejdeej said:

Blaming white ball cricket doesn't excuse the constant top to middle order collapses. Says alot when I feel much more comfortable with Woakes at the crease than everybody playing this test besides Root.

Surely it's a huge reason though, because they don't play enough red ball cricket. I'm sure two of the players (One was Moeen I think) hadn't played red ball cricket for almost two years until this series.

Whilst we're on the subject of Moeen, never had a cricketer wound me up so much, he's dreadful with the bat 80% of the time but the other 20% he's bloody fantastic lol

@Izzy to be fair to @StanSPif India were batting today and we were defending I’d be saying the same in a pessimists way lol 

In hindsight the English media were a bit overly confident for me really, or at least saying things to seem confident, without this batting line up having answered my questions about itself yet. Especially missing somebody like Stokes who seems integral to everything we do when the pressure is on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

@Izzy to be fair to @StanSPif India were batting today and we were defending I’d be saying the same in a pessimists way lol 

In hindsight the English media were a bit overly confident for me really, or at least saying things to seem confident, without this batting line up having answered my questions about itself yet. Especially missing somebody like Stokes who seems integral to everything we do when the pressure is on. 

I can't remember England being such a 'one man team' as we are now. Even in the days of Botham and Flintoff winning matches and series', we always had decent back up.

If we go to Australia without Stokes, I think we'll get whitewashed.

• Like 2

Another nothing day where we don't get close to either winning the game or taking it to the wire in terms of saving it.

We lack scoreboard pressure. Gets to the point where we know we can't win it so don't bother trying to score big and they can bring the field in.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Overton looks like he's broken something there.

Disappointed no one checked on him from the opposition.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can't remember England being such a 'one man team' as we are now. Even in the days of Botham and Flintoff winning matches and series', we always had decent back up.

If we go to Australia without Stokes, I think we'll get whitewashed.

Good chance we'll get whitewashed regardless. The Aussie squad is much more accomplished and with Smith and Labuschagne I just think we'll struggle to get 20 wickets. Warner likes to turn up against us too often as well. I think there's a good chance that if we bat first in each game that we'll give up 100 wickets in the series.

I think we needed a full squad to have a chance of sneaking a game or two. The likes of Archer and Stokes will likely miss out and there will always be question marks against the likes of Broad, Anderson, Woakes and Wood.

A full squad is genuinely decent. It's just never likely to be able to play together.

1. Burns

2. Hameed

3. Malan

4. Root

5. Pope

6. Stokes

7. Buttler

8. Woakes

9. Robinson/Broad

10. Archer

11. Anderson

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, Raj said:

English hearts?

Cricket hasn't finished mate, still multiple matches to be played before the end of time and now....

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Cricket hasn't finished mate, still multiple matches to be played before the end of time and now....

Pretty bloody embarrassing though mate, enjoy the sunshine!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Pretty bloody embarrassing though mate, enjoy the sunshine!!!

Nothing embarrassing about losing a game to a top side. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

It's embarrassing to lose 10 wickets in the space of 4/5 hours on a flat pitch on a perfect batting day.

Nah its not. That was a brilliant spell of bowling. Previously I'd agree with you - today was just a very good performance from India.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Nah its not. That was a brilliant spell of bowling. Previously I'd agree with you - today was just a very good performance from India.

It was only a brilliant  spell of bowling because England were bloody woeful!!!

But glad you can finally say India are just an amazingly great cricketing nation.

I Dont know what happened to you in the past with Indians but it's something awful judging by your apathy  towards them!!!😁

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 minutes ago, Raj said:

It was only a brilliant  spell of bowling because England were bloody woeful!!!

But glad you can finally say India are just an amazingly great cricketing nation.

I Dont know what happened to you in the past with Indians but it's something awful judging by your apathy  towards them!!!😁

Don't think I've ever not said they're a good side, just a couple of things. Firstly, that kohli is a ****, which is unanimously agreed with even by some Indian supporters / commentators/ players and most other nations that have played against him (clearly a good player), and secondly, that Indian fans are a weirdly sensitive bunch which has been demonstrated here by your weird response and additionally basically previously being accused of racism because I said some mean things about the fans of India cricket and kohli.

Better side won, didn't think England were woeful and people that know far more about cricket than you or I said the same / are saying the same on TV currently.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot