Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

5 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

As for Kohli being a **** when he has a World class team around him, that may be true, but I get the feeling Kohli would lead all his teams in a similar fashion, even if he was in charge of Zimbabwe. It's just how he does it. The Indian teams were often lambasted in the 70's and 80's on tour because of poor fitness, poor fielding skills and not being tough enough. Ganguly changed all that by fronting up and being confident, Kohli is an 21st century Ganguly really. Doesn't make some of the things particularly palatable to supporters of other teams, but I'm not sure most Indian fans care.

Yeah, he probably would but the results wouldn't match it. He can chirp away when he's got Bumrah, Yadav, Ishant, Siraj all to throw the ball to at our collection of not quite's and never will be's. Not much point Root doing it when he's on the back foot with a much weaker team.

Look, he's a great captain, he's clearly made India a better team but he's generally in a position to win with the quality of his team so can make the big noises.

So yes, I'd take him as captain. I'd also take plenty of their team as well.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Full schedule:

England Men v New Zealand - LV= Insurance Test Series
Thu 2-6 June 2022 - Lord's 
Fri 10-14 June 2022 - Trent Bridge 
Thu 23-27 June 2022 - Emerald Headingley

England Men v India - Vitality IT20 Series
Fri 1 July 2022 - Emirates Old Trafford 
Sun 3 July 2022 - Trent Bridge 
Wed 6 July 2022 - Ageas Bowl

England Men v India - Royal London Series
Sat 9 July 2022 - Edgbaston 
Tue 12 July 2022 - Kia Oval 
Thu 14 July 2022 - Lord's 

England Men v South Africa - Royal London Series
Tue 19 July 2022 - Emirates Riverside 
Fri 22 July 2022 - Emirates Old Trafford 
Sun 24 July 2022 - Emerald Headingley 

England Men v South Africa - Vitality IT20 Series
Wed 27 July 2022 - Bristol County Ground 
Thu 28 July 2022 - Sophia Gardens 
Sun 31 July 2022 - Ageas Bowl 

England Men v South Africa - LV= Insurance Test Series
Wed 17-21 August 2022 - Lord's 
Thu 25-29 August 2022 - Edgbaston 
Thu 8-12 September 2022 - Kia Oval 

https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/2245711/england-mens-2022-home-international-fixtures-announced

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Fine by me as long as we get a game on!

This! 

Shastri and some other coaches had covid for the final couple of days of the 4th test. Think a few more have picked it up now just need to hope none of the players get it! 

Either way, still travelling up tonight and will enjoy the city :D

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel for you mate. Disgraceful way to treat the paying fans!

Terrible. Don't get why this decision could have been made last night. They knew about the covid cases earlier in the week so why's it taken til the morning to announce?! 

Players saying they're reluctant to play. Rubbish. They played when Shastri and few other coaches were positive during the last test. 

Embarrassing to leave it this late. 

• Like 1

Confirmed India don't forfeit so the score remains 2-1. The ECB can absolutely fvck off. So in the thrall of the BCCI.

Things like this make me feel like sacking off following pro cricket to be honest. All the gimmicks in the world and yet the sport shoots itself in the foot on such basic stuff time and time again. Farcical.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Confirmed India don't forfeit so the score remains 2-1. The ECB can absolutely fvck off. So in the thrall of the BCCI.

Things like this make me feel like sacking off following pro cricket to be honest. All the gimmicks in the world and yet the sport shoots itself in the foot on such basic stuff time and time again. Farcical.

Theyve forfeited so it's 2-2.

Telegraph saying the Indian players are worried about their ipl contracts. Everything wrong either the sport right there if that's true.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

How can that even be right, surely the ICC come into play?

If India aren't able to field a team for the game then surely they must forfeit?