Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyve forfeited so it's 2-2.

Telegraph saying the Indian players are worried about their ipl contracts. Everything wrong either the sport right there if that's true.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How can that even be right, surely the ICC come into play?

If India aren't able to field a team for the game then surely they must forfeit?

The BCCI basically run the ICC so I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The BCCI basically run the ICC so I won't hold my breath.

Got a fair amount of abuse for my disdain of the BCCI and the way the Indian cricket team behave. This is really bad.

The odd sledge is one thing. This is another level.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Noooooooooooooo

Travelled up last night for feck all

Ah harsh man. Seen a lot of people are already travelling up.

Also seen the ‘forfeiting’ amendment could be because of some legal reason that means people might not get refunds if there is a ‘result’. I was due to be going tomorrow and have had these tickets booked since 2019 now. No Test next year for Old Trafford to role them over too as well.

I'm pretty sure India wouldn't have been keen had they not won the 4th test. If there are genuine concerns about cases then fair enough but to say they game is on yesterday and then cancel this morning is a disgrace. It will be interesting to see what England's response is. 

Series should be null and void. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I apologise on behalf of India for this shambles :(

Given you're more affected than most of us it's hardly your fault.

The whole thing ****ing stinks though.

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If it's any consolation to those that had tickets, plenty of rain about today and tomorrow anyway so not sure how much cricket would've been played. 

I'm in Manchester now and it's dry and overcast. No rain lol lol

But yeah later on its fvcking horrible forecast. 

"Tom Harrison, the ECB chief executive, is on the BBC now, and has acknowledged it is a case of mental fatigue for India, rather than a Covid issue per se, and given that England's own players lobbied to leave their tour of South Africa last December in similar circumstances, he has expressed some sympathy."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/live-blog-eng-vs-ind-2021-manchester-test-to-be-rescheduled-following-india-s-covid-19-issues-1277177

From the official statement earlier...

"Due to fears of a further increase in the number of COVID cases inside the camp, India are regrettably unable to field a team."

https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/2247831/official-statement-ecb-agree-to-cancel-fifth-test

So the ECB lied about the reason in their statement.