Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Shitshow. India could put a team out so they should forfeit the match. How can you reschedule it for next year?

No doubt the IPL is the main factor here but given our board's intention to give the Hundred the prime slot of the summer plus make our Test players take part we can hardly say the BCCI are alone in prioritising the domestic stuff.

Feel for those fans on both sides who wanted to watch an intriguing Test match.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

the ICC should award the entire series to England as the Indian players refused to play without a good reason

Probably  need to gets fact confirmed before making any accusations....

BBC state-

That the ECB quickly retracted their assertion India had forfeited the match is important, because a forfeiture would give England the match, a share of the series and World Test Championship points.

The exact nature of how and why the match was called off will also have financial implications for the ECB, related to insurance

38 minutes ago, Raj said:

Probably  need to gets fact confirmed before making any accusations....

BBC state-

That the ECB quickly retracted their assertion India had forfeited the match is important, because a forfeiture would give England the match, a share of the series and World Test Championship points.

The exact nature of how and why the match was called off will also have financial implications for the ECB, related to insurance

I'm curious to know what the facts on the ground are in this case, then.

Is there any explanation of them where the BCCI don't look they've pulled something very unbecoming?

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm curious to know what the facts on the ground are in this case, then.

Is there any explanation of them where the BCCI don't look they've pulled something very unbecoming?

It's very hush hush and no apparent  confirmed reason for the test being cancelled.

I'm sure the Indian players would want to play the last test as it's been so entertaining. I know theres some sort of points for winning a series, but is it a big deal winning a test 2-1 or drawing 2-2?

Edited by Raj

1 hour ago, Raj said:

It's very hush hush and no apparent  confirmed reason for the test being cancelled.

I'm sure the Indian players would want to play the last test as it's been so entertaining. I know theres some sort of points for winning a series, but is it a big deal winning a test 2-1 or drawing 2-2?

I'm sure the Indian players would like to play too, it's the administration who I think is being a bit naughty here.

I guess it depends on how close things are at the end of it all, but there are points for the World Test Championship on offer and they may or may not end up being critical WRT that canceled match.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm sure the Indian players would like to play too, it's the administration who I think is being a bit naughty here.

I guess it depends on how close things are at the end of it all, but there are points for the World Test Championship on offer and they may or may not end up being critical WRT that canceled match.

It's not hush hush though is it - the players felt uncomfortable playing, the ecb and the bcci have backed them.

I'd imagine the bcci reminded the ecb what they did in SA. Additionally it's fairly flipping obvious the Indian players all got spooked about catching covid and it costing them money - clearly a decision the BCCI would back.

No way this happens without the ipl round the corner.

I also love it that too much test cricket is causing it, as if that hasn't been around for centuries.

This is a huge shame, I will really miss George at cricinfo, they seemed like the perfect match for each other. A proper journalist and a man of integrity who wasn't afraid to stick it to the ECB  and the BCCI when they deserved it. Reading between the lines and judging by the timing of this, I'd say the BCCI have leaned on cricinfo to quieten George down.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SexyGammonFox said:

This is a huge shame, I will really miss George at cricinfo, they seemed like the perfect match for each other. A proper journalist and a man of integrity who wasn't afraid to stick it to the ECB  and the BCCI when they deserved it. Reading between the lines and judging by the timing of this, I'd say the BCCI have leaned on cricinfo to quieten George down.   

Dan Brettig has gone as well I believe. Clearly something up. Bit of Twitter tit for tat going on with those further up the ladder at the moment.

Their loss will be someone else's gain. Dobell is the best hard news journalist in cricket for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Dan Brettig has gone as well I believe. Clearly something up. Bit of Twitter tit for tat going on with those further up the ladder at the moment.

Their loss will be someone else's gain. Dobell is the best hard news journalist in cricket for me.

I don't see him as a commentator type on TMS but I would love it if he was to become a cricket writer for the BBC, churning regular articles out like he has been. He deserves as wide an audience as possible. 

2 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

I don't see him as a commentator type on TMS but I would love it if he was to become a cricket writer for the BBC, churning regular articles out like he has been. He deserves as wide an audience as possible. 

Not sure his face would quite fit at the Beeb but that'd be great to see. All of the nationals should be chomping at the bit to get him on board.