Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

44 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Genuine game changer for that series. Still don't think we'll quite have enough to win though. :(

Yeah I agree. Think the addition of Stokes probably means we lose about 3-1 rather than 5-0 so hopefully he spares us total humiliation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is he being rushed back? I hope he doesn't feel he's being forced to play in this, and then it limits any future of his career (either mentally or physically).

For the benefit of the tour, and for England's chances, it's great news. It doesn't address some of the other cracks around the rest of the team but it does increase the chances having someone like him in the team. 

Glad Stokes is travelling, he's one of the few cricketers in history who can turn a losing series into a winning one all on his own. Very difficult to do that in Australia after playing no cricket though. Australia are actually shite, we're just likely to be even more shite than them. The Aussies will be even more desperate to pour scorn on English cricket, which will give them an outlet after the frustration of how hard the pandemic continues to be, on their population in particular. It's going to be tougher than ever for England this time, particularly off the pitch, Stokes or no Stokes.

Get on top though, and this is the most crumble worthy Aus team in, well, history really.

England rarely win in Oz, so they are favourites on history alone, but I won't be writing England off just yet. Both teams are capable of capitulating to a 5-0 defeat in my opinion, first test will be crucial. If England can end the first test without losing, I'll be having a small punt on them.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is he being rushed back? I hope he doesn't feel he's being forced to play in this, and then it limits any future of his career (either mentally or physically).

For the benefit of the tour, and for England's chances, it's great news. It doesn't address some of the other cracks around the rest of the team but it does increase the chances having someone like him in the team. 

No, I think it's his decision alone. You can guarantee the squad would've wanted him in the India series, probably the T20 too. He's back because he wants to be.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Anyone can take a guess...

Truth is, no one knows for sure.

You'd like to hope Stokes wouldn't be a shrinking violet if he was being pushed and didn't feel ready. It could soon turn into a goldfish bowl if the cricket goes badly, but his biggest problem will hopefully be his recent lack of cricket.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Quinton De Kock dropping out of South Africa's side over their board supporting taking the knee. What an arse.

People have principles, I get that, but dropping to your knee for a few seconds, to support the fight for those who suffer discrimination, including a number of your team mates, is not exactly the hardest thing to do.

• Like 3

There was a few players not taking the knee in South Africa's first game, with at least half standing, no-one seemed to care then. De Kock's decision probably more about being 'forced' to do it more than anything else. Its 2 seconds though and not worth the stuff that comes with it.

• Like 2