Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

22 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Quinton De Kock dropping out of South Africa's side over their board supporting taking the knee. What an arse.

I worked with a lad who went to school with De Kock. He said his natural ability for sports was second to none, basically played badminton and squash to a professional standard as well as Cricket, but he always said he came from a “very South African family” and I didn’t really know what he meant…

19 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

There was a few players not taking the knee in South Africa's first game, with at least half standing, no-one seemed to care then. De Kock's decision probably more about being 'forced' to do it more than anything else. Its 2 seconds though and not worth the stuff that comes with it.

From what I've read and heard, it's about being instructed to do so rather than being able to do it by choice.

Not watched all of the games admittedly but seems a really dull start to this tournament? Maybe I've just become T20'd out. I know it ain't nice to be a bowler but its much more fun when teams getting closer to 200. 

Low scoring games are ok when its tight, but even then it only becomes exciting in the last couple of overs. No big scores, no real tight finishes (apart from the aussie/SA game) 

Plenty of cricket to be played though I guess. 

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not watched all of the games admittedly but seems a really dull start to this tournament? Maybe I've just become T20'd out. I know it ain't nice to be a bowler but its much more fun when teams getting closer to 200. 

Low scoring games are ok when its tight, but even then it only becomes exciting in the last couple of overs. No big scores, no real tight finishes (apart from the aussie/SA game) 

Plenty of cricket to be played though I guess. 

I think batters have been playing with a lot of caution after seeing the early pitches and subsequent results. West Indies today for example batted well within themselves after the shockers they've had, when on their day that line-up in unbeatable.

Just now, Finnegan said:

What's with the low scores and big collapses everywhere? Are these really bad batting pitches or conditions that players aren't really used to, being in Dubai? 

Pitches have been slow in general and the outfields at some grounds seem to be cutting up something rotten now too. You really do have to pick your shots in this tournament because you're not getting away with many loose ones.

Plus, as is always overlooked in T20, there's been some excellent, tight bowling too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Surely you wouldn't trade in that 2019 WC final? Surely?

I did have a few second thoughts after I'd posted that tbh :D

The WC win was great and an epic final, but an away Ashes series win is just so special for me.

I've never been a huge white ball cricket fan and always preferred the longer form of the game, so the Ashes will always be the pinnacle for me.

I wonder what the England players would prefer to win - The one day WC or an away Ashes series?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I did have a few second thoughts after I'd posted that tbh :D

The WC win was great and an epic final, but an away Ashes series win is just so special for me.

I've never been a huge white ball cricket fan and always preferred the longer form of the game, so the Ashes will always be the pinnacle for me.

I wonder what the England players would prefer to win - The one day WC or an away Ashes series?

Agreed on the red ball over white ball.

Luckily enough, for the majority in this thread we have seen a generational test team win down under, and a generational white ball team clinch a sensational world cup.

We like a moan, but we've been pretty lucky really :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I'd kinda understand your way of thinking if we'd never won an Ashes in Australia or hadn't done so for like 50 years or something,

We've only won one series over there since 1986/87.

It's still a very rare occurrence.