Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

First English player to score tons across all three formats.

I apologise for the pedantry, but he's the first bloke player, the first England player of all was Heather Knight.

Superb win, the English one day setup - both 50 over and t20 - has been so formidable over the last few years. Almost always find a way to win.

• Thanks 1

On 01/11/2021 at 11:46, RowlattsFox said:

Without reading too much into the story I thought there was potential for a misunderstanding and maybe player in question might not have been aware of the distress caused. However if the language in that report is correct then its embarrassing they are so determined to stick up for the 'senior player still at the club'. I've just been looking through the squad to see who it might be :ph34r:

I think Yorkshire have got the Balance wrong in this story tbh. 

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You know things are bad when current cabinet ministers are publicly giving Yorkshire grief on this. It's gone well beyond cricket now and the club's name's going to be dragged through the mud even more. All fully deserved give how they've acted.

Given the amount of points deductions we've had for poor behaviour, and the fact you can be punished for producing a pitch that spins too much, Yorkshire should be taken to the cleaners here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

You know things are bad when current cabinet ministers are publicly giving Yorkshire grief on this. It's gone well beyond cricket now and the club's name's going to be dragged through the mud even more. All fully deserved give how they've acted.

Ironically they stop short of giving their own boss grief despite his comments a few years back...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They’ve just lost their main sponsor too.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Shameful and very embarrassing episode for Yorkshire.

The player in question will probably be outed soon.

Gary Ballance says he 'regrets' using racial slur against Azeem Rafiq during time together at Yorkshire

Former England international Gary Ballance has said he "regrets" using a racial slur against his former Yorkshire team-mate Azeem Rafiq.

In a lengthy and emotional statement, Ballance said he was responsible for some of the offensive terms Rafiq was subjected to during his time at Headingley.

"It has been reported that I used a racial slur and, as I told the independent enquiry, I accept that I did so and I regret doing so," said Ballance, 31.

"To be clear - I deeply regret some of the language I used in my younger years."

Yorkshire CCC suspended from hosting international matches and The Hundred matches - until “they can show they can reach the standards expected” 

what the **** does that mean? Until they turn around next week and tell the ECB they’re very sorry and it won’t happen again? Either go in hard and say 18 months/2 years or don’t ****ing bother. They’ll wriggle out of this and the planned international matches will go ahead next year, 100%.