Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Odsonne Edouard

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Honestly, mate, he is a disgrace. For months it's like he's trying his best to be sacked, the things he's said, countless times this season are beyond the pale. He's an embaressment to himself and the club. I don't know who is worse, him or his spineless paymasters who won't put him out his misery.

If Celtic had anything about them, they'd get Eddie Howe in, and fast. I could just see him being perfect for Celtic. He has experience working with a relatively small budget and plays a style of football not too dissimilar to Rodgers, albeit a bit less effective.

20 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If Celtic had anything about them, they'd get Eddie Howe in, and fast. I could just see him being perfect for Celtic. He has experience working with a relatively small budget and plays a style of football not too dissimilar to Rodgers, albeit a bit less effective.

Just a tad

What division are Bournmouth in now?

30 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Knocked it back already apparently.

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Really? That's surprising actually. Celtic seems like a perfect fit for him

Why? If anything it feels like a step backwards given what the circumstances seem to be now. Rodgers and Howe have always spoken well of each other and I'd imagine Howe knows everything there is to know about the issues at Celtic through Rodgers point of view. For me the issues at Celtic are the ones that have to be dealt with above the manager or from the top down. Why would an excellent manager like Howe sabotage his career by stepping into a no win situation with little upside unless things change?

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Why? If anything it feels like a step backwards given what the circumstances seem to be now. Rodgers and Howe have always spoken well of each other and I'd imagine Howe knows everything there is to know about the issues at Celtic through Rodgers point of view. For me the issues at Celtic are the ones that have to be dealt with above the manager or from the top down. Why would an excellent manager like Howe sabotage his career by stepping into a no win situation with little upside unless things change?

Celtic aren't a step backwards from Bournemouth, that's an insult. What does Howe expect? He got Bournemouth relegated, not many Premier League sides would take him in my opinion. It's also an easy league to win, he'd be smart to go there I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Really? That's surprising actually. Celtic seems like a perfect fit for him

Yeah thought so too, could've came up here for a couple of years and re-built his reputation similar to what Rodgers done. In saying that, he got homesick at Burnley so maybe not a surprise at all.

Celtic aren't a step backwards from Bournemouth, that's an insult. What does Howe expect? He got Bournemouth relegated, not many Premier League sides would take him in my opinion. It's also an easy league to win, he'd be smart to go there I think.

Not really an insult in my opinion given the situation Celtic are at now. How many years did Howe manage Bournemouth and keep them up? Playing decent Football given the level of players he had. Just think the Celtic that Rodgers went to are a different proposition than today. Rodgers had a certain level of power and control that Howe would not. We'll just have to disagree.

It is a step down from Bournemouth when Howe left. He established them as a premier league club for a few years before getting relegated. He can do better than the SPL. He’ll get a premier league job soon I reckon.

22 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah thought so too, could've came up here for a couple of years and re-built his reputation similar to what Rodgers done. In saying that, he got homesick at Burnley so maybe not a surprise at all.

Exactly this! 100% agree. 

• Like 1

Howe did get bournmeouth relegated, but he also got them promoted and kept them in the division for years with a very average squad. His downfall wasn't his managerial style it was the abysmal signings they made imo, which obviously falls on his head too but people on here are judging him way too harshly for what he did with Bournemouth, I'd certainly consider his stint an overwhelming success until it wasn't in the last season, which is what happens with 999 out of 1000 managers in the end. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Howe did get bournmeouth relegated, but he also got them promoted and kept them in the division for years with a very average squad. His downfall wasn't his managerial style it was the abysmal signings they made imo, which obviously falls on his head too but people on here are judging him way too harshly for what he did with Bournemouth, I'd certainly consider his stint an overwhelming success until it wasn't in the last season, which is what happens with 999 out of 1000 managers in the end. 

This is why he'd suit Celtic, he's proven that he can do it. Eddie Howe's best chance of a top job in the Premier League would involve a relegation battle currently, but if he joined Celtic he'd be managing a side that will play in Europe, and challenge for a title that our own manager has proven can elevate their careers. It's the safe option.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SO1 said:

It's not a no win situation, in fact it's probably the opposite, there's far less risk coming to Celtic, inevitably winning a few trophies and then lookng down south again. Pretty much exactly what Rodgers done. Going somewhere like Newcastle for example, he relegates them within 6 months and he'd struggle to get a job at EPL level again. Celtic are in a bit of a mess at the moment but Lawell going at the end of the season would be the ideal time for a new manager to come, start with a clean slate, influence change and have less pressure than usual now the ten in a row monkey is off the club's back.

19 hours ago, SO1 said:

Not really an insult in my opinion given the situation Celtic are at now. How many years did Howe manage Bournemouth and keep them up? Playing decent Football given the level of players he had. Just think the Celtic that Rodgers went to are a different proposition than today. Rodgers had a certain level of power and control that Howe would not. We'll just have to disagree.

Sorry but this is absolute tosh. Celtic were in just as big a mess when Rodgers arrived, we'd just been knocked out the cup by a lower league rangers side, returned our worst points total in a league season ever and had to shut a section of the top tier as season ticket sales had plummeted. The very reason Rodgers and Lawell butted heads was because Rodgers never got afforded the level of control he wanted and should have had and had players foisted upn him by Lawell (Shved, Arzani, etc) which Rodgers alluded to publicly. You couldn't be more wrong with regards the latter as with Lawell gone in the summer Howe or whoever the new manager will be will have more control than any other Celtic manager has had in the last 20 years.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Sorry but this is absolute tosh. Celtic were in just as big a mess when Rodgers arrived, we'd just been knocked out the cup by a lower league rangers side, returned our worst points total in a league season ever and had to shut a section of the top tier as season ticket sales had plummeted. The very reason Rodgers and Lawell butted heads was because Rodgers never got afforded the level of control he wanted and should have had and had players foisted upn him by Lawell (Shved, Arzani, etc) which Rodgers alluded to publicly. You couldn't be more wrong with regards the latter as with Lawell gone in the summer Howe or whoever the new manager will be will have more control than any other Celtic manager has had in the last 20 years.

Interesting brief history, thanks! I only hear about Celtic from my Rangers supporting boss, so you can imagine what that sounds like. On a different note, would you like Howe to become your manager?

• Like 1