Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

The next 10 games into March and then entering into the sharp end of the Season

If you look at the big 4 teams , Citeh, Liverpool, Manure and ourselves then the next 10 games will prove pivotal to who gets what at the end of the season. Our games list is actually, on paper, the easiest of the four sides although that isn't necessarily a good thing with our should win game results this season. But, if things do actually go to plan then the games run presents us with an excellent opportunity to being right in the mix heading into the sharp end of the season. The other big 3 teams butt heads against each other rather a lot in the next 10 games, more than we do, so hopefully there will be lots of draws. I can see 20 points available, in my sweet dreams.

The next 10:

Leicester fixtures

Jan 27: Everton (A)

Jan 31: Leeds (H)

Feb 3: Fulham (A)

Feb 7: Wolves (A)

Feb 13: Liverpool (H)

Feb 21: Aston Villa (A)

Feb 27: Arsenal (H)

March 6: Brighton (A)

March 13: Sheffield United (H)

March 20: Burnley (A)

Edited by Bazly

just keep the points ticking over still averaging 2 points a game which is very decent for half way through the season. 

Youri avoiding a ban was key on Tuesday to as I think I'm right in saying that the ban threshold is now 10 yellows rather than 5? 

I just want us to remain competitive in every game we play. We we are like we have been for past month or so (last bad performance was probably Everton or Palace) and we will be fine. 

Looking forward to the second half of the season a lot. The squad is looking strong and the confidence is sky high its a very good time to be a Leicester fan 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone that's been watching this season and still thinks there's easy games had utterly lost me. 

100% this, even before this season there are no easy games in the PL.

Look at Norwich and Bournemouth away last season. 

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As always, the league looks easy when we're in form and tough when we're out of form.

Lose to Everton and suddenly a run of Leeds, Fulham, Wolves, Liverpool, Villa and Arsenal is tough.

Even when we are in form, I look at the fixtures and think crap, were is our next win coming from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bazly said:

If you look at the big 4 teams , Citeh, Liverpool, Manure and ourselves then the next 10 games will prove pivotal to who gets what at the end of the season. Our games list is actually, on paper, the easiest of the four sides although that isn't necessarily a good thing with our should win game results this season. But, if things do actually go to plan then the games run presents us with an excellent opportunity to being right in the mix heading into the sharp end of the season. The other big 3 teams butt heads against each other rather a lot in the next 10 games, more than we do, so hopefully there will be lots of draws. I can see 20 points available, in my sweet dreams.

The next 10:

Leicester fixtures

30 points. Bish bash bosh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saturday 13th Feb, Liverpool H

Thursday 18th Feb, Slavia Prague A

Sunday 21st Feb, Villa A

Thursday 25th Feb, Slavia Prague H

Saturday 27th Feb, Arsenal H

That's the biggest challenge ahead. Also chuck another FA Cup tie in and around that if we beat Brentford.

• Like 2

For those wanting to plot ahead, please don't get too excited.  If we're going to win the league this season then we'll need to win 14 or 15 of our next 19 games, dropping points in no more than 4 or 5 games.  With all the will in the world, it ain't gonna happen.

Take each game as it comes, focus on playing well, enjoy the ride and see where we are at the end of the season.

I said before the Southampton game that our next 9 games were on the large part very difficult and that 18 points would be a very good return to keep us in the hunt for top 4. We have won the first 2 and given ourselves a great start in navigating these games. With the FA Cup and the EL knockouts starting again it's a hugely demanding period. I will be annoyed if we don't go and get another attacking midfielder to provide cover for Tielemans and Maddison, which is right now more important than getting another striker in.

• Like 4

Jan 27: Everton (A) DRAW

Jan 31: Leeds (H) WIN

Feb 3: Fulham (A) DRAW

Feb 7: Wolves (A) LOSS

Feb 13: Liverpool (H) LOSS

Feb 21: Aston Villa (A) DRAW

Feb 27: Arsenal (H) DRAW

March 6: Brighton (A) DRAW

March 13: Sheffield United (H) WIN

March 20: Burnley (A) DRAW

9 points and 2 wins out of 10. And I thought I was an optimist lol

Reality is who the fvck knows? A lot will depend on the form of us and the team we are playing, both have been massive factors this season (for example, we played Chelsea at the perfect time). Someone like Wolves could be flying by the time we play them as opposed to their shite current form.

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

The next 10:

Leicester fixtures

We will win them ALL. It is written. And if by some weird chance I am wrong may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the pants of every referee in the PL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Saturday 13th Feb, Liverpool H

Thursday 18th Feb, Slavia Prague A

Sunday 21st Feb, Villa A

Thursday 25th Feb, Slavia Prague H

Saturday 27th Feb, Arsenal H

That's the biggest challenge ahead. Also chuck another FA Cup tie in and around that if we beat Brentford.

5th round tie is scheduled for Wednesday 10th Feb.

Need to go with the mentality that there are no easy games.. We were complacent against teams like Fulham while missing key defensive players and got suckered on the counter. Would like to think we've learned our lesson from those games + with a settled back 4 and Ndidi back we shouldn't be getting our pants pulled down so easily.

4 points in our next 2 games to finish off January will be an excellent month for us. 

• Like 1

If we get through to the FA Cup 5th round that would mean we play 11 games between 24 Jan and the end of Feb in something like 36 days!!:schlupp:

Brendan will really earn his money planning his way through that fixture list whilst keeping us on track.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

For those wanting to plot ahead, please don't get too excited.  If we're going to win the league this season then we'll need to win 14 or 15 of our next 19 games, dropping points in no more than 4 or 5 games.  With all the will in the world, it ain't gonna happen.

Take each game as it comes, focus on playing well, enjoy the ride and see where we are at the end of the season.

Agree I believe the two cups are our best chance this season and too stay in the mix for European football for next season.

Leicester fixtures

Jan 24 Brentford

Feb 10: FA Cup 5th round

Feb 18: Prague A

Feb 25 Prague H

March 11: Europa League last 16

March 18: Europa League last 16

March 20: Burnley (A)/ FA Cup Quarterfinals

For the full picture that 10 games you’ve posted could quickly become 16 and looking to find a place to rearrange Burnley (a).

I’m not saying we definitely beat Prague or Brentford but that can quickly become a lot of games.

Sheff United at home we might expect to win, but we could be coming back from a long trip in Europe on the Thursday, making that a much harder game. 

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Leicester fixtures

Jan 24 Brentford

Feb 10: FA Cup 5th round

Feb 18: Prague A

Feb 25 Prague H

March 11: Europa League last 16

March 18: Europa League last 16

March 20: Burnley (A)/ FA Cup Quarterfinals

For the full picture that 10 games you’ve posted could quickly become 16 and looking to find a place to rearrange Burnley (a).

I’m not saying we definitely beat Prague or Brentford but that can quickly become a lot of games.

Sheff United at home we might expect to win, but we could be coming back from a long trip in Europe on the Thursday, making that a much harder game. 

When you look at that potential I do worry vardy and his hip won’t manage some of them in such quick proximity.

If no forward comes in really hope nacho or Perez can up their game