Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Fans can stick up for Spaghetti Coops in regard to ignoring our academy players like Alves but his use of Ricardo is mind bending.

Genuinely one of the few remaining top class players and he's going to use him as the back up right back who plays as a RCB for large parts of games.

Given the dearth of midfield options we have, who can actually progress play, the fact he's not first choice in there alongside Winks at the moment is madness (if he's not going to play right back)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Are we certain that he doesn’t have any fitness issues ?  
as a bog standard overlapping full back I’m not sure Ricky’s legs are what they once were and that may also bring injury risks 

maybe we should be letting enzo know that we have the perfect player for his system @£35m !

Really not a fan of the idea of selling Pereira. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet, can only assume Cooper has been looking at alternatives if Ricky gets injured, or isnt 100% fit right now, as he'd give us a bit of that creativity we've been lacking.

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Sometimes the vox populi is right. 

Cooper wasn't the first choice for practically any of us. There's a reason for that - his premier league record.

To then come in and look like he's going to drop just about our only premier League quality player. Well it just compounds what everyone suspected. 

You don't need to have a good record in the Premier league to realise you play your best players to have the best chance of winning a match.

It's not like playing him unbalances the team. 

• Like 1

This is the one that is concerning me the most at the minute.

Cooper can moan about a lack of bodies and signings all he wants but he's basically ignoring the heartbeat of the team for a player in Kristiansen who clearly doesn't want to be hear and who we seem open to selling. 

Kristiansen isn't quick, cant beat his man and isn't particularly good at crossing yet we seem to be basing our whole system around him whilst ignoring Ricardo which is very worrying. 

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I haven’t paid any attention whatsoever to this pre season, have we really not been playing him? Who the hell has been playing instead? 

Kristiansen and Justin at fullback, Choudhury at DM alongside Winks. He's better than all of them in any of those respective positions, hopefully it was just giving the rest of the team minutes.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Kristiansen and Justin at fullback, Choudhury at DM alongside Winks. He's better than all of them in any of those respective positions, hopefully it was just giving the rest of the team minutes.

Wow yes he is much better. He is probably our best player full stop 

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I haven’t paid any attention whatsoever to this pre season, have we really not been playing him? Who the hell has been playing instead? 

In the first game (Shrewsbury), we did start him and had Fatawu on the left hand side. Luke Thomas was the LCB. So in this case when we went forwards, Ricardo was the extra man / winger, and Mavididi moved inside.

After that game he dropped Ricardo, moved Fatawu back to right wing and brought in Kristiansen instead.

He has brought on Ricardo as a RCB in the 60th minute in most games. However, he has yet to use him in the double pivot.

And coincidentally we have been poor in every game thus far. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could watch all of the games last season and come to the conclusion not to use Ricardo, especially as we was always considered one of our better players when we were in the top flight.

• Like 4

How any manager can come in and not see that he has to be in the starting 11 baffles me, by all accounts a top class professional and very talented. We’re lucky to have him I think! 

• Like 1

Cooper is clueless with this 'system' he is trying to play. If you push your fullbacks forward for width instead of Wingers you can't do that on the right hand side with Fatawu. Other option is to play him at CM which he refuses so for some reason decides Ricardo at RCB makes sense? Delusion

9 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Cooper is clueless with this 'system' he is trying to play. If you push your fullbacks forward for width instead of Wingers you can't do that on the right hand side with Fatawu. Other option is to play him at CM which he refuses so for some reason decides Ricardo at RCB makes sense? Delusion

Think hes better as a CM now personally. Was unreal against Leeds at Elland road 

• Like 2