Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BakerLCFC

Sheila Kent - Clubs Laundry Lady of 42 years has passed away

42 years! She saw so many of our club's highs and lows, always there, an ordinary person doing all they could. I'm sure the Club will pay appropriate respects to her family.

Can't think of much she did wrong really. Can't blame her for the rags Jako kitted us out in to be relegated to League 1 in. That Le Coq Sportif kit we had when wed bounced back from the Championship can't be blamed on her, it was made out of single ply tissue paper!

RiP

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Phil said:

They were married for a time.

RIP Sheila, you’ll be missed. 

42yrs..thats some service...Nice to see from the club side their was appreciation and gratitude,Sheila, would of experienced

alot of off-field job movement & Turn-around...including The Time we went into admin.....!!

The Groundsman. M. Kent, was a School College of mine.Nice balanced guy..I believe he started his career with the City Parks...

Not too sure, I believe he was also groundsman at Tigers... Then did Good stints at some of the national-stadiums...???

51 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

42yrs..thats some service...Nice to see from the club side their was appreciation and gratitude,Sheila, would of experienced

alot of off-field job movement & Turn-around...including The Time we went into admin.....!!

The Groundsman. M. Kent, was a School College of mine.Nice balanced guy..I believe he started his career with the City Parks...

Not too sure, I believe he was also groundsman at Tigers... Then did Good stints at some of the national-stadiums...???

Yes, and the club has treated her well in recent times which was really good to see. We definitely have the best owners in football. 

I didn’t realise he’d been at Tigers but know he’s been at Old Trafford and Twickenham more recently. 

She features in the LCFC history DVD, I remember speaking about Jock Wallace and Garry Parker. Love that the club featured her in such a production. Those memories, those stories are unmatched are priceless. Didn't the players save her (and others) from redundancy when we went into admin in 2002?

The heartbeat of the club. Any organisation needs a stalwart like Sheila, especially when faces are ever changing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MissCloudy said:

I was in tears when i got the call that she had passed she had been such a great laundry lady and an amazing aunt and great aunt to me, my little brother and my cousins she will be deeply missed

Condolences to you, and yours and hers families.

8 hours ago, MissCloudy said:

I was in tears when i got the call that she had passed she had been such a great laundry lady and an amazing aunt and great aunt to me, my little brother and my cousins she will be deeply missed

Sorry for your loss. It speaks volumes about the woman she was that so many people have so many great things to say about her. 

13 hours ago, MissCloudy said:

Very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family. Hopefully the way Sheila is remembered at the club, by figures past and present, will offer some comfort about how much she meant to the football club. 42 years service is an amazing feat, and I'm sure that the club will commemorate her in the way that her loyalty deserved.