Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Going to WBA

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Genuinely dont understand why the 3 clubs don't just keep the 3 players they already have, none of the 3 are being improved with this transfer merry go round  

Hamza needs more game time. on loan is perfect because if he does well we can sell him for a decent sum or even bring someone back in that’s gained a valuable experience..

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. who is looking to panic buy!!!

We have had a full window to get players in,we haven’t. 

We knew the window was coming, we obviously did no forward planning. 

Buying in this window may be difficult but not impossible and if it is just down to fear of getting it wrong then they are in the wrong position!!

Maybe it's not as easy as you think. Maybe the pool of players that are both good enough to improve us and available for transfer is non-existant. Maybe we can't afford to splash out at the moment. Maybe the only players we want are at clubs that don't want to strengthen us. I don't know how you're confident to say that we obviously did no forward planning. I find it very hard to believe that a club so well-run have spent the whole transfer window twiddling their thumbs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Without looking at his highlights reel, he hasn’t ever really broke into the Arsenal team and we are the better team.

I’m not against this by the way, he will be a good squad, versatile squad player- just pointing out that highlights reels can be misleading.

I looked also and apart from strength, looked a bit cumbersome and shite to me. I thought they were supposed to put a players highlights on such clips? Made a few good interceptions but when in possession, never looked in control of the ball. Not a great asset for a midfielder. He might think he's one, but Arsenal clearly don't and they might just know best.

If this guy or Chalobah are the best on offer why bother at all, we have better already. We don't need any more mediocre squad players.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Hospitals don't treat people but I still wouldn't want to go to a sh!t one...

As some one who works for the NHS, it made great by its staff not its buildings.

And when it goes wrong and someone dies because of negligence, it 99% staff and processes that kill some.

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As some one who works for the NHS, it made great by its staff not its buildings.

And when it goes wrong and someone dies because of negligence, it 99% staff and processes that kill some.

Why we building all these new hospitals then? If that was the case, they could do the same job in the back of a drive thru McDonalds? No? 

The better the the recourses the better chance you give them....

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Why we building all these new hospitals then? If that was the case, they could do the same job in the back of a drive thru McDonalds? No? 

The better the the recourses the better chance you give them....

Our training ground wasn't a dump, it was a decent facility.

By your analogy we were training on viccy park...

41 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Weve also enquired about several players and been knocked back. If you think Rudkin and Congerton have just been on holiday all month and just got back today then you are an idiot! Yes its frustrating we haven't got any decent players in but Rodgers even said in an interview the club have actively been trying to get players in. We were never planning on signing anyone this window but got our hand forced with Praets injury. Do you think liverpool are happy with Davies? Chelsea, United, Spurs all not signed anyone. Arsenal did well getting odegaard but generally nobody has brought anyone in as there is little money around and no clubs are willing to let their players leave for reasonable fees. Plus we were never looking to sign anyone permanently, it was always going to be loan deals but wages would always be an issue with the likes of Eriksen. None of us know what the clubs and owners finances look like right now so we just have to accept things for how they are right now. 

....not sure why you feel name calling is an acceptable way to communicate...it just shows ignorance!!!

I like anyone else can view our predicament in an open forum and express my views. As you said we are not privy to the details of our financial situation and therefore everything is speculation.

You really need to grow up, only a child resort to name calling, when they can not get their own way!!

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why you feel name calling is an acceptable way to communicate...it just shows ignorance!!!

I like anyone else can view our predicament in an open forum and express my views. As you said we are not privy to the details of our financial situation and therefore everything is speculation.

You really need to grow up, only a child resort to name calling, when they can not get their own way!!

Just annoys me when people slate the club and our transfer business when we have no idea what is going on. We can all have opinions but suggesting the club haven't tried to bring players in is silly. Of course it is frustrating we haven't got anyone but the club have done amazingly well in the transfer market in recent years and we are sitting 3rd in the league yet people still feel the need to complain about the way the club is run etc. And I'm not just aiming it at you, many people on here make comments when they/we know very little about what is going on behind the scenes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Just annoys me when people slate the club and our transfer business when we have no idea what is going on. We can all have opinions but suggesting the club haven't tried to bring players in is silly. Of course it is frustrating we haven't got anyone but the club have done amazingly well in the transfer market in recent years and we are sitting 3rd in the league yet people still feel the need to complain about the way the club is run etc. And I'm not just aiming it at you, many people on here make comments when they/we know very little about what is going on behind the scenes 

If people expressing their opinion triggers you...maybe a forum isn't the place for you.

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If people expressing their opinion triggers you...maybe a forum isn't the place for you.

I get it. It's not really about opinions. It's making declarative statements based on nothing at all, like saying the club isn't doing enough to bring a player in, when we can't possibly know that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry @Foxy_Bear I am with @Raw Dykes on this. Passing judgement on the club with zero evidence just stinks of I WANT SHINY TOYS type attitude.

But it's not a case of wanting shiny new toys. It's more a case of taking away our slightly deflated, tatty, dirty balloon that is Hamza and replacing it with the used condom that is Nathaniel Chalobah!

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

But it's not a case of wanting shiny new toys. It's more a case of taking away our slightly deflated, tatty, dirty balloon that is Hamza and replacing it with the used condom that is Nathaniel Chalobah!

Well if we are after protection (from injuries) then perhaps a used condom rather than a punctured balloon is the way to go :ph34r:

• Haha 1

We are still in this I'd think. Despite Arsenal not wanting to sell to us, the player won't want to go to West Brom and if he goes Southampton they apparently want him as a defender where he doesn't want to play...

If we are his first choice destination, it wouldn't surprise me if a player had a fair bit of power over the decision considering how long he's been at the club and the duty of care they have.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Nick said:

We are still in this I'd think. Despite Arsenal not wanting to sell to us, the player won't want to go to West Brom and if he goes Southampton they apparently want him as a defender where he doesn't want to play...

If we are his first choice destination, it wouldn't surprise me if a player had a fair bit of power over the decision considering how long he's been at the club and the duty of care they have.

May be just haggling over an obligation  to buy.