Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

As someone who’s new to F1 I don’t really understand what’s just happened, how can it be that Hamilton is leading by 12 seconds & then through no fault of his own is then head to head on a final lap? 

I'm in the same boat. Seems ridiculous that he could have such a massive lead count for nothing because of someone else spagging into a wall. What a strange sport. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then why didn't EVERYONE unlap themselves, as per the rules?

EDIT: (I think this is the bit)

“39.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all teams via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.”

That would have taken too long to get racing going again - the decision was to allow racing.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No you said that for max and didn't say anything when Lewis did it lol . I've always been consistent this year, even said the Brazil incident should've been a penalty

When I said it about Max I made it very clear I had mentioned it in previous seasons about other drivers and even mentioned it weeks later when Hamilton did the same thing. But apparently still biased lol

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m torn, on one hand it’s robbery. On the other how could you end this season behind a safety car?

They we’re damned whatever they did on this occasion. 

Because those are the rules.  The FIA have essentially ripped up the rule book to basically allow Red Bull a free pass after Verstappen had been pummelled for every lap prior to that.

If Hamilton had won like that it wouldn't have been right and I'd have called it as such.  None of this is right.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

When I said it about Max I made it very clear I had mentioned it in previous seasons about other drivers and even mentioned it weeks later when Hamilton did the same thing. But apparently still biased lol

It was more I've never remembered you saying it and it just came up when max too it anyway.Tbf you're not that bad, I can't ever remember legend in blue here in the past seasons but he's been by far the most pro teamLHer this year lol

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Because those are the rules.  The FIA have essentially ripped up the rule book to basically allow Red Bull a free pass after Verstappen had been pummelled for every lap prior to that.

If Hamilton had won like that it wouldn't have been right and I'd have called it as such.  None of this is right.

Completely agreed. 

If Masi has followed the rules and been allowed some discretion then fair enough. That remains to be seen though. 

Charlie Whiting wouldn't have been under so much scrutiny and Masi has been rubbish all season really. Doesn't have the authority for the job 

Edited by The Bear