Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

On 13/11/2021 at 10:35, Facecloth said:

And just reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago. Should Lewis be punished for this and sent to the back of the grid, his 5 place grid penalty for his new engine this race should be taken at the next race, otherwise its wiped out by this full grid penalty.

@The Horse's Mouth There you go. 

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Because those are the rules.  The FIA have essentially ripped up the rule book to basically allow Red Bull a free pass after Verstappen had been pummelled for every lap prior to that.

If Hamilton had won like that it wouldn't have been right and I'd have called it as such.  None of this is right.

I’m not sure they are, they seemed to suggest that it’s up to discretion of the race director.

1 minute ago, Asha said:

MICHAEL ITS NOT RIGHT

I'm sure within the regulations somewhere to make a clear call to not allow lapped cars to overtake, and then to change that decision, but only let 5 through, on the final corner, is not acceptable.

How this is up for debate on a football forum of all places, when we question far less contentious VAR decisions, I find bizarre.

It's a stitch up and nothing more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm sure within the regulations somewhere to make a clear call to not allow lapped cars to overtake, and then to change that decision, but only let 5 through, on the final corner, is not acceptable.

How this is up for debate on a football forum of all places, when we question far less contentious VAR decisions, I find bizarre.

Send an email to Masi then. 

2 minutes ago, Asha said:

This is great for f1.

Toto clearly expected to dominate for 1000 years but this is fantastic for the sport. 

Is this really great for F1?

The drivers are absolutely making it more interesting.

However the FIA officiating come out with as much credibility as VAR for woeful decision making throughout the whole season.

I’ve not watched much at all this year, but watched this finale after all the hype. I was disappointed that ultimately it was officiating and not, you know, actual racing that decided that race.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yeah it's a fine line we're treading, essentially future rules can be ignored or only followed when the race director or whoever deems it fitting? It's a mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Which was my point though, you can't just pick and choose to follow half the rules, surely you either follow them or you don't?

I hate all the arguing bollocks between everyone on here btw lol

F1 has a long history of tailoring rules to the dramatic situation - and I’m not totally against it.

It was a sporting decision - it’s hard to take for Lewis, but maybe he gets an insight to how Massa felt? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

F1 has a long history of tailoring rules to the dramatic situation - and I’m not totally against it.

It was a sporting decision - it’s hard to take for Lewis, but maybe he gets an insight to how Massa felt? 

Fair enough.

I think it was totally bollocks and it's made me question why I bother watching this 'sport', if a single man can pick and choose to alter the rules how he sees fit.

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

48.12 of the sporting regs:

Unless the clerk of the course considers the
presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the
safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.

So it should have been a safety car finish.

• Thanks 2

'Race control decided to change their own rules in order to create an artificial situation. That is just not acceptable in ANY sport.

If Max had won the WDC on merit then I would not hesitate to be congratulating him.'

From another forum I'm on, and sums up my feelings.

Although congratulations to Max as well, fantastic driving all year, even if on the very very limit on occasions!
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Also brought the safety car in immediately.

It's unbelievable it really is.  

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:
'Race control decided to change their own rules in order to create an artificial situation. That is just not acceptable in ANY sport.

If Max had won the WDC on merit then I would not hesitate to be congratulating him.'

From another forum I'm on, and sums up my feelings.

Although congratulations to Max as well, fantastic driving all year, even if on the very very limit on occasions!

The cars always unlap themselves, it would've been a farce if they hadn't 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fair enough.

I think it was totally bollocks and it's made me question why I bother watching this 'sport', if a single man can pick and choose to alter the rules how he sees fit.

Masi has been in a difficult position - but ultimately he’s let these guys race, which is what the sport is about.