Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Only thing I've found so far is this from 3 years ago. You'd imagine Hamilton has took the top spot in the by now.

Not according to that last link you posted, actually, has him on 14.45, bit of calculator work on the latest figures confirms it. I doubt he'll catch Fangio, but second place seems reasonable. That top 10 still looks awesome, though.

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

That’s a pretty good list.

you’d have to account for differences in reliability too though. BIIIIIG difference from now to then. 

And that makes Fangio really stand out, to be honest. Five championships and the best average record way back then.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Can't be doing with all this post race bitching. Whilst he's absolutely an inept pushover, they need to ensure the race director has the final say on these matters to prevent this in future. 

I hate this end and don't think it's good for the sport as Max has been brilliant this year and people will just use this to whack him with it in the short term (not that they care).

Regards the earlier chat on best ever, points per race, don't even bother looking. F1 has had periods of outstanding drivers on the grid taking points of one another followed by periods like Schumacher where most of the field was, generally, garbage. 

Well done to Max, but this is a very unsavoury ending! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not according to that last link you posted, actually, has him on 14.45, bit of calculator work on the latest figures confirms it. I doubt he'll catch Fangio, but second place seems reasonable. That top 10 still looks awesome, though.

And that makes Fangio really stand out, to be honest. Five championships and the best average record way back then.

I love Seb, I’ve told him that to his face, but we can’t have him above Michael 😂 

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm sure we can all agree I never want to see this track be the finale again, can't all the oil tracks be at the start?

Unfortunately Abu Dhabi has just signed a contract to be the finale until at least 2030!

Do the FIA make it up as they go along?

I am neither in the Max or Lewis camp - but it seems a bit odd that the FIA decided to negate Lewis's 10 second lead and give Max a final lap on new tyres. 

Or am I missing something?   

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Do the FIA make it up as they go along?

I am neither in the Max or Lewis camp - but it seems a bit odd that the FIA decided to negate Lewis's 10 second lead and give Max a final lap on new tyres. 

Or am I missing something?   

Yes.

No.

The FIA have breached their own rules in order to artificially create a racing result which was never going to happen.

The issue is I don’t see how they could retrospectively award it back to Lewis. There isn’t any definite way of determining whether Lewis would have won or not. He could have crashed or his car could have had reliability issues. 

Also, sorry for getting a bit carried away earlier. Tbh, I just want to see variety. It’s similar to the football, the more it’s monopolised, the less interested I am. In future I’d like there to be even more driver involved in a battle like we have seen this year. With any luck the regulations next year might aid that. Max, in my opinion, was just the better driver all season and I wanted him to win it because I thought it was deserved. 

• Like 3

Look say what you will about the decision, but the idea of “let them race” is a fair one and having 5 cars close together who would immediately be blue flagged upon racing would be a dangerous situation - so there is plenty of justification for a race director to come to the conclusion that was reached.

Oh, and you can bet that if the roles were reversed, Mercedes would have wanted the chance to race.

Don’t get me wrong, as a sporting contest I do feel the wrong man ended up winning, but I can’t disagree with the decision to avoid finishing under the safety car which would have been very anti-climatic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Look say what you will about the decision, but the idea of “let them race” is a fair one and having 5 cars close together who would immediately be blue flagged upon racing would be a dangerous situation - so there is plenty of justification for a race director to come to the conclusion that was reached.

Oh, and you can bet that if the roles were reversed, Mercedes would have wanted the chance to race.

Don’t get me wrong, as a sporting contest I do feel the wrong man ended up winning, but I can’t disagree with the decision to avoid finishing under the safety car which would have been very anti-climatic.

Also to play devil's advocate as well, if both were on fresh rubber would this be as much of a controversy as it has become? I'd think not 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What’s the point of the protest ?  

No way are the stewards going to take anything away from max so the best is that masi is found to have screwed up and has to resign ….

Could they declare the result at the point of the safety car ?