Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That would be idiotic 

This is where you let yourself down. I'm not bothered either way on this subject, but if you disagree with someone's point, then saying its "idiotic" is not a counter argument. Make your point back on why you disagree. Your response just looks a bit, well idiotic.

13 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Look say what you will about the decision, but the idea of “let them race” is a fair one and having 5 cars close together who would immediately be blue flagged upon racing would be a dangerous situation - so there is plenty of justification for a race director to come to the conclusion that was reached.

Oh, and you can bet that if the roles were reversed, Mercedes would have wanted the chance to race.

Don’t get me wrong, as a sporting contest I do feel the wrong man ended up winning, but I can’t disagree with the decision to avoid finishing under the safety car which would have been very anti-climatic.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

This is where you let yourself down. I'm not bothered either way on this subject, but if you disagree with someone's point, then saying its "idiotic" is not a counter argument. Make your point back on why you disagree. Your response just looks a bit, well idiotic.

Well it is, he's only saying that because of the outcome. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I’d say it would be a silly rule to put in place because a car may need to pit for safety reasons. For instance Mick Schumacher and Lahfti had a coming together befor the latter hit the wall. He may need to come in. A car may run over debris and have tyres at risk of puncture and again might need to come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I’d say it would be a silly rule to put in place because a car may need to pit for safety reasons. For instance Mick Schumacher and Lahfti had a coming together befor the latter hit the wall. He may need to come in. A car may run over debris and have tyres at risk of puncture and again might need to come in.

Also if you're on seriously worn tyres its a lot unsafer to do a restart because of the temps, same reason why you can change under a red flag

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Wasn't asking for your opinion I was asking @The Horse's Mouth to give his rather than just call people idiotic.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sorry haven’t kept up with this, did Mercedes lodge a protest because the rules weren’t followed correctly or for Max seemingly overtaking Lewis during the safety car? 

Both I think. 

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s a public forum, not your own platform.

I just feel you stepped in to cover his lack of engagement, and did so by quoting my post directly to him, so there's nothing wrong with me responding to you. You basically answered the question for him. You're free to give your own opinion of course, I just think its bad form cover his lack of ability to put his own across.

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Facecloth said:

I just feel you stepped in to cover his lack of engagement, and did so by quoting my post directly to him, so there's nothing wrong with me responding to you. You're free to give your own opinion of course, I just think its bad form cover his lack of ability to put his own across.

I just saw your post and responded with my opinion, I’ve no interest in getting in the way of a spat.

Best driver lost today. on 3 separate occasions misfortune gave Max a lifeline and hampered Lewis' chance of winning. On the day Lewis was outstanding, 0.4s faster on mediums than Max was on softs. 
Disgraceful from Masi again who really has cocked up multiple big decisions this season. 

2 phenomenal driver, there are arguments throughout the whole season, where you could say either side were treated inconsistently or got off lightly, but ultimately it came down to 1 final race, in which the better driver was shafted by the stewards. Red Bull took a gamble with nothing to lose, and under the rules of F1 (whether you agree or disagree) Lewis should have won by default of all cars unlapping themselves. To allow Max to unlap himself gave him a clear advantage on their gamble, and basically gifted him a free win. 

I'd need to look at the race again to see if it's possible but my gut instinct would have been to red flag the race and extend it by a couple of laps, allow everyone to change tyres then give them a proper finish. Lewis was streets ahead of Max today but ultimately was robbed by poor stewardship. Credit to Max who has driven a massive season (albeit dangerous at times) and in any other season would have been a worthy winner.  

• Like 4