Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Just now, Raj said:

Farcical end and Mike Massi should be whipped to within an inch of his life.

For whatever people think of Hamilton, he was very gracious in defeat. 

One of the most amazing moments of the afternoon in my opinion.  He's a class act.

Not to everyones taste and he's an extremely complex character but that was genuinely remarkable.  

11 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

At the end of the day, Masi has fully taken it upon himself to create conditions to allow for a final lap shootout.  Contrary to multiple laws/guidelines and without consideration for other drivers on the grid.  

IF the race had instead been red flagged with both drivers on fresh rubber or if Hamilton was on the same tyres as Verstappen then MAYBE I could see the point (although that still would have been unfair to Mercedes considering their absolute dominance over the race), however Masi must have SURELY realised Hamilton was a dead duck against Verstappen brand spanking new soft tyres vs Hamiltons 30 lap old Mediums.  It wasn't a contest.

As has been said elsewhere, it was like winning a game of football 10-0 at school and them someone shouts next goal wins.  But further to that the losing opposition brings on a fresh Ronaldo.  Grossly unfair.

Mercedes and Hamilton were borderline perfect today, some might argue that they should have pitted but then they (rightly) assumed the race was going to end under a safety car and that would have handed Verstappen the title anyway.

The FIA are in huge trouble and I think they would look to settle this ASAP to stop it going all the way to Paris where the entire sport will be dragged through the mud.

Potential solution.  Race voided.  Masi hauled in front of the worlds media to explain his "decision", apologise to Hamilton and Mercedes, and "offer" his immediate resignation.  Fans/Sponsers refunded by Liberty.  Laws/guidelines immediately tightened up for next season.  Verstappen still World Champion due to race win count back.  Mercedes/Hamilton the moral winners.

This solution might end up being cheaper/less damaging for the FIA in the long run.

This is the worst part, he made that decision after ****ing around letting people change to softs. Whereas Mercedes did not change tyres because they did not want to give Max track position knowing the race could finish under a safety car. 
Red Bull literally had no downside to this whole race, only considerable upside. Mental. 

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

One of the most amazing moments of the afternoon in my opinion.  He's a class act.

Not to everyones taste and he's an extremely complex character but that was genuinely remarkable.  

But people will STILL hate him for no justified reason.

BUT its cos hes cocky innit...no other sportspeople are cocky ate they??? I 🙄

Just now, Super_horns said:

Of course if Red Bull lose this they’ll be straight into their lawyers for a counter appeal !

Sounds like they will be ok though .

It's going to be all in the appeal I think, they'll not want to disrupt the gala and they should back Masi over it, else if Masi's power is undermined then he can't stay in the role 

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Aren't the FIA marking their own homework as part of these protests?  No chance anything changes tonight.  

This will be taken to the courts outside of FIA jurisdiction I assume?

Very likely it will go to CAS - completely independent body

This will go on for a lot longer if not settled tonight

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

On reflection, today has actually left a really bitter taste in my mouth. The way the sports are governed and judged just always seem to dirty the water, removes a lot of the real passion from it. 

I for one do not blame Merc for the appeals and lawyering up, however I feel there should be a window where appeals and all of that can only be lodged next day. It has completely soured the title win 

23 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

But also Verstappen? He’s raced his race based on the instructions given to him by the FIA. The fault lies at the door of the stewards/race director. 

If Verstappen was found to have raced an illegal car today, do they just leave it because they've already celebrated and it would be a shame to change the result?

It's not his fault whats happened today but without the rules breach he probably wouldn't have won the race. Tough shit

Biggest screw up was not calling a red flag. He literally had power to do that, to stop this nonsense. Whatever happens now it’s a ridiculous situation; nothing can rectify that. So stupid when he had facilities to stop the stupidity and still be a good spectacle