Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Just now, eblair said:

Biggest screw up was not calling a red flag. He literally had power to do that, to stop this nonsense. Whatever happens now it’s a ridiculous situation; nothing can rectify that. So stupid when he had facilities to stop the stupidity and still be a good spectacle 

A red flag would have been more artificial and had max won mercedes would still be crying and the lawyers would be straight in

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

Just now, Walkers said:

If Verstappen was found to have raced an illegal car today, do they just leave it because they've already celebrated and it would be a shame to change the result?

It's not his fault whats happened today but without the rules breach he probably wouldn't have won the race. Tough shit

But Hamilton did nothing wrong all race. 

Would have won it fairly comfortably bar the race directors odd decision to make up the rules on the hoof. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Very likely it will go to CAS - completely independent body

This will go on for a lot longer if not settled tonight

Agreed.  No chance the FIA/Masi are admitting they ****ed up.  They'll try and get by with some bullshit waffle and this will be taken to CAS over the winter.

Feels like this has been coming for a long time though.  For a multi-billion sport, it's regulated like it's a local darts league.

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

Agreed.  No chance the FIA/Masi are admitting they ****ed up.  They'll try and get by with some bullshit waffle and this will be taken to CAS over the winter.

Feels like this has been coming for a long time though.  For a multi-billion sport, it's regulated like it's a local darts league.

I was going to post those awful three letters (CAS) but thought better of it! 

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

A red flag would have been more artificial and had max won mercedes would still be crying and the lawyers would be straight in

Not really isn’t it the precedent from Baku. Agree it’s contrived, but have some sympathy people don’t want to watch season finish under yellow flags

if they want to keep sport as interesting as possible which they have an incentive they could have done something fair; they just gave max the WDC with the tyre situation 

Just now, eblair said:

Not really isn’t it the precedent from Baku. Agree it’s contrived, but have some sympathy people don’t want to watch season finish under yellow flags

if they want to keep sport as interesting as possible which they have an incentive they could have done something fair; they just gave max the WDC with the tyre situation 

Im not disagreeing it would've been the better spectacle but the red flag is only called if the barrier has significant damage or we've had a significant incident with too much debris to do it one go.

I mean that's not true is it, Mercedes didn't pit despite Lewis saying to box, they made a strategical error in thinking it would end under the safety car

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Im not disagreeing it would've been the better spectacle but the red flag is only called if the barrier has significant damage or we've had a significant incident with too much debris to do it one go.

I mean that's not true is it, Mercedes didn't pit despite Lewis saying to box, they made a strategical error in thinking it would end under the safety car

How is it an error when the race should have legally finished behind the safety car?

• Like 3

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

How is it an error when the race should have legally finished behind the safety car?

Thats not the complaint, the complaint is the fact the whole field didn't unlap themselves not that the race restarted, had Masi had got this done ASAP then it wouldn't have been an issue, but he flip flopped

Am I being naive but even if it’s decided that masi called it wrong, the two teams haven’t done anything wrong and the result shouldn’t change 

for me it’s just like a referee admitting a mistake after a game and the premier league changing the result of the game as a consequence 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I being naive but even if it’s decided that masi called it wrong, the two teams haven’t done anything wrong and the result shouldn’t change 

for me it’s just like a referee admitting a mistake after a game and the premier league changing the result of the game as a consequence 

This is how I assumed it would go. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Thats not the complaint, the complaint is the fact the whole field didn't unlap themselves not that the race restarted, had Masi had got this done ASAP then it wouldn't have been an issue, but he flip flopped

No the complaint is that once those cars were told to un-lap, the safety car should have stayed out another lap to allow the field to settle.  Therefore the race should have ended under safety car.  

• Like 2