Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

I really want to like Verstappen and Red Bull, but they are making it really hard. For all the moaning people do about Hamilton, this is just pathetic. It was a racing incident, slightly Hamilton more at fault than Verstappen, but neither complete not at blame. Punishment was dealt and served, time to move on. Or shall we go back and check everytime Verstappen has taken another driver out and ended their race?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I really want to like Verstappen and Red Bull, but they are making it really hard. For all the moaning people do about Hamilton, this is just pathetic. It was a racing incident, slightly Hamilton more at fault than Verstappen, but neither complete not at blame. Punishment was dealt and served, time to move on. Or shall we go back and check everytime Verstappen has taken another driver out and ended their race?

I think there's a bit of kidology and trying to gain the moral high ground as much as anything else, bit like when a footballer moans about another player being a bit overzelous with his tackling so the ref watches him more.

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I still don't really mind Verstappen, Red Bull have been severly dislikable for a very long time

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf this has nothing to do with Max

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tbf this has nothing to do with Max

He's moaned enough about it to be fair. I get after the race, they all do that, but he carried it on much longer. And who's to says he's not had a hand in the discussion.

50 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's moaned enough about it to be fair. I get after the race, they all do that, but he carried it on much longer. And who's to says he's not had a hand in the discussion.

lol this is from Marko, Max will have nothing to do with it. Don't really get the outrage tbh, they're just playing games going into the weekend

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

lol this is from Marko, Max will have nothing to do with it. Don't really get the outrage tbh, they're just playing games going into the weekend

Not outraged, (people love that word when people simply express disagreement) just find it tiresome. It's over a week ago, the penalty at the time was disputed, Horner has bitched about over and over, moaned about the repair bill etc, Marko has made some frankly ridiculous comments. Just shut up and get on with it, go out and win Hungary and prove your the top team.

Edited by Facecloth

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Horner and Marko make it impossible for me to want Max to win for as long as he drives for that team.

Horner is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black. Detest the bloke

Agreed. Horner is passive aggressive personified, and Marko is just a nutjob. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The fact we're still seeing moans from Verstappen and Red Bull over that incident is just petty now. As all have said above, it's making it very difficult to like or support them 

He seems more upset about Lewis celebrating after the race more than anything else .

Just watched the Sky F1 show.  Mentally I think Max will lose the plot if he continues carrying the baggage of the last race around with him.  I sense anger from him which does not bode well.  Lewis on the other hand seems very calm and collected.

Ended up with everyone reckoning the appeal has gone nowhere although awaiting official confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

now punish them as well, ban Horner for the season and tell Max that they are watching him closely after the accident too

They've not played this well at all.  Rather than attack Lewis, which incidentally Max is doing yet again today, they should be making it known to the authorities that a review of the rule regarding fixing a car under red flag conditions should be taken.  That is the main issue that needs to be addressed here but appears to have been missed.

Instead of that they've made it personal.

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

They've not played this well at all.  Rather than attack Lewis, which incidentally Max is doing yet again today, they should be making it known to the authorities that a review of the rule regarding fixing a car under red flag conditions should be taken.  That is the main issue that needs to be addressed here but appears to have been missed.

Instead of that they've made it personal.

the damage to Lewis's car was a broken rim, all cars are allowed to change tyres under a red flag that's basically all they did, if the nose cone was damaged they would have swapped that too but they didn't

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the damage to Lewis's car was a broken rim, all cars are allowed to change tyres under a red flag that's basically all they did, if the nose cone was damaged they would have swapped that too but they didn't

It wasn’t just a tyre change tho the only issue I have is that if it wasn’t a red flag Mercedes have already admitted that Lewis would have had to DNF from the race due to the broken rim