Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

If weathers clearer tomorrow, what's stopping refunding tickets and letting the race happen then?

The cars are on the trucks and the trucks are at the port and the drivers have all been helicoptered to St Tropez.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

These days you can't really just put something like an F1 race on with a day's notice. But they shouldn't have awarded points or had a podium like nothing happened lol

Well they were right, nothing happened lol

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

"Strong stuff from Lewis Hamilton in the paddock, speaking to Sky Sports: "I'm really disappointed for the fans, obviously we can't control the weather and I love racing in the rain - but today was something else.

"The fans stayed out, they still had energy but they were robbed of a race today and deserve their money back.

"Money talks. And the two laps was a money scenario. Everyone gets their money - and I think the fans should too. It's a shame we couldn't do the race tomorrow.

"Today wasn't a race. I think the sport made a bad choice today. This minimum of two laps you need to have a race, in the gap [between the 'race' stopping and resuming] it rained consistently. There was only one reason why they sent us out today.""

Lewis with a strong stance, can't really disagree there 

It is tough, and I feel for the fans. But it was just unlucky with the weather. Usually in the T&Cs of the tickets it says that weather could affect the sessions and that no refunds would be given in that case. There were a lot of other sessions which they got to see too, it’s just a shame about the race.

It’s all right saying “do the race tomorrow” but I’d imagine pretty much everyone who attended the race either has work on Monday and/or had booked flights/hotel with the intention of going home on Sunday evening. 

Anyway, Lewis would have been celebrating Silverstone-style and shouting “love wins” if he had been first today. 

Red Bull were a bit cringe in their radio to Masi and obviously pushed for this outcome, but Mercedes would have been absolutely loving it if it was the other way round.

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well they were right, nothing happened lol

Apart from the formula 3 and Porsche super cup races that still went ahead in the rain. Most years there is rain in Belgium, what’s going to happen next year if it’s the same, which is more than likely with how weather patterns seem to be heading.

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
I see Lewis has upset the powers that be by being so open and critical.

Well they should know what he is like now.

Isn't afraid to speak his mind. 

He will get slaughtered still by those who hate him.

The guy cant win.

Sport needs more outspoken  people rather than the bland PR recruited and scripted nonsense.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no but they'll say things like "shut up and drive the car" instead

Yep exactly  that.

"Gets gets paid millions, stop moaning, drive the car, get your haircut, don't pretent your a gangsta, dont have a personality, stop having tattoos, stupid hair, always using the race card, blah blah blah"

On 30/08/2021 at 08:43, Raj said:

Kudos for Lewis for stating what it was.

A farce and just for cash.

Apparently Vettel said the same on the team radio just before they went out for the two laps and followed up on it afterwards 

“It’s a bit of a joke, no? That’s a joke,” Vettel told reporters after the race.

“If you want to get a reward for qualifying, you should get points for qualifying. What did we do today [to earn the points]? I don’t know.”