Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

whose blaming him for that, he's just a shite driver for the level of car he is in, Rosberg by comparison would be in a 3 way title fight

We Dont know, how much difference there Really is in the 2 Cars and what support from within hes getting also from his "team"

Under-current & drag, in F1-individual Team politics....

These suppose to be hard-men, but there is far Too much unnecessary Soap-opera headlines..

& individual Driver fans ( Not Real F1-fans), as become quite Bitchy in the last 20-30 years, more so last 8 Yes or so..

It’s not so much about him being shit, it’s about the fact he never challenged Hamilton. What’s his win record at Merc, like 10%? Pretty dreadful in one of the most dominant cars of all time. 

Really rate Russell so this is good news. Think he will come in and absolutely wipe the floor with an aging Hamilton, who I think will leave midway through the season if Merc isn’t dominant. 

Would be nice to see a fight at Merc again like Button and Rosberg used to give him. Since Nico had his pants down, Hamilton’s had it really easy for years. 

4 hours ago, Asha said:

It’s not so much about him being shit, it’s about the fact he never challenged Hamilton. What’s his win record at Merc, like 10%? Pretty dreadful in one of the most dominant cars of all time. 

Really rate Russell so this is good news. Think he will come in and absolutely wipe the floor with an aging Hamilton, who I think will leave midway through the season if Merc isn’t dominant. 

Would be nice to see a fight at Merc again like Button and Rosberg used to give him. Since Nico had his pants down, Hamilton’s had it really easy for years. 

You're really into your F1 - genuine question: Have you experienced anyone who's had as much bad luck as Bottas has had during his time at Mercedes? He arguably had the pace to challenge Hamilton a couple of years ago, but I can totally understand if he's sapped of confidence now. I mean, look how much the battle with Hamilton took out of Rosberg. The guy retired for bloomin' sake!

Bottas gets unreasonable amount of stick from people who really don't know any better.

I'd say Vettel is the only one coming close to getting the same amount of stick over the same period.

• Like 2

lets not forget when Russell subbed for Hamilton he too left Bottas for dead in his first race in the car, Bottas should have destroyed him, his is simply not anywhere near good enough for a top team, I was surprised they chose him in the first place as he never really showed anything at Williams unlike Russell

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I  think Russell will be very competitive - particularly in qualifying .

Guess he might have to be 2nd fiddle in the races though .

not if they are fighting for the title he won't Merc only do that to Bottas as he's miles behind

EDIT: just checked back, he was fairly impressive which makes the total lack of a challenge to Lewis even more of an issue, he has never once looked like he would genuinely fight Lewis for the title

Edited by Jimmy

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

EDIT: just checked back, he was fairly impressive which makes the total lack of a challenge to Lewis even more of an issue, he has never once looked like he would genuinely fight Lewis for the title

46 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I wonder if Lando would be able to handle the Redbull and manage to match Max, he was pretty even with Perez at McLaren?

Take a break man >_<

Just stick to saying you don't rate Bottas. The guy has had torrid luck throughout. If I find a decent overview of DNFs and external factors costing him points, I will post it.

Despite your sketchy memory, I'm sure you recall how 'unlucky' Hamilton was the season which Rosberg won. There was no end of whining then from Hamilton supporters.

As for Norris, him and Perez haven't been together at McLaren. Not sure what you mean by that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shen said:

Take a break man >_<

Just stick to saying you don't rate Bottas. The guy has had torrid luck throughout. If I find a decent overview of DNFs and external factors costing him points, I will post it.

Despite your sketchy memory, I'm sure you recall how 'unlucky' Hamilton was the season which Rosberg won. There was no end of whining then from Hamilton supporters.

As for Norris, him and Perez haven't been together at McLaren. Not sure what you mean by that.

I think luck has been an issue the past 12 months in terms of mechanical problems. In that time he seems to have lost a tenth or so to Hamilton is qualifying and definitely a good few tenths per lap in race pace. Before that he was definitely solid enough for that seat.

Without a doubt has done a better job than Perez this season, Perez you would still never be surprised if he drops out of Q2 despite having the fastest car more often than not. They have both been top drivers in midfield cars in the past but for some reason Perez doesn't get half the slack Bottas does when it comes to wingmen comparisons 

• Like 1

Bottas has definitely dropped off the past two seasons, saying that though his job has never been to beat Hamilton and if Merc win the constructors that's job done for him. I am low key a bit gutted he didn't go back to Williams tbh. Will be interesting what he's like being the number 1 driver again, could be a real resurgence like Seb has had this year. Will beat interesting how George gets on because they are very like for like drivers in terms of their strongest asset has always been one lap pace.

Edited by The Horse's Mouth