Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I got Perez and SainzJr mixed up in my thinking. I think Lando will be the next to get a move to a top team

Maybe when Hamilton retires, but no chance before that. He's not dislodging Verstappen or Leclerc - and he's arguably in a faster car than the latter already.

47 minutes ago, shen said:

Maybe when Hamilton retires, but no chance before that. He's not dislodging Verstappen or Leclerc - and he's arguably in a faster car than the latter already.

I was thinking more replacing either Sainz Jr or Perez, the other driver I think could get a big move is Ocon.

I’d like to see Mick Schumacher in a better car then that awful Haas too

18 hours ago, shen said:

You're really into your F1 - genuine question: Have you experienced anyone who's had as much bad luck as Bottas has had during his time at Mercedes? He arguably had the pace to challenge Hamilton a couple of years ago, but I can totally understand if he's sapped of confidence now. I mean, look how much the battle with Hamilton took out of Rosberg. The guy retired for bloomin' sake!

Bottas gets unreasonable amount of stick from people who really don't know any better.

I'd say Vettel is the only one coming close to getting the same amount of stick over the same period.

Hey man!

I don't think there's much point focusing on 'luck' in a sport like Formula 1. Of course he's been unlucky sometimes. The Monaco pitstop this year. Baku 2018, for example. So what? Blaming luck is a feature of a losing mentality, and that definitely appears to be what Bottas holds. 

He showed glimpses once or twice, perhaps. There have been 92 F1 races since Bottas joined Mercedes and he's won 9. So that's less than the 10% I thought. Which in a Mercedes is pretty disgraceful. From 2014-16 alone (59 races), Rosberg won 20. If I was asked to count the memorable Bottas performances out of those 92 I'd genuinely struggle to name five. He's been in the most dominant team of all time. He didn't win at all in 2018, yet he won the first race of 2019 and acted like he'd proven everyone wrong? "To whom it may concern, **** you"? All right mate, win a few more races first. Rosberg used to shove it up Hamilton on multiple occasions, while in the rare case that Bottas is faster than Lewis, he lets him win anyway. Not exactly a superstar then, is he?

Russell came in alongside him for just one race in Bahrain and Bottas got EMBARRASSED by him. 

Looking back and pointing out bad luck is just futile, man. If it weren't for bad luck, Alonso would have five championships, Max would have won Baku and Jules Bianchi would still be alive. But that's not the case.

The reason Bottas gets a lot of stick is because with a different (better) driver in that seat for the last five years, F1 would have been a lot more exciting to watch and Hamilton wouldn't, as someone here said brilliantly, have just walked the ball into the net every year. 

If Mercedes don't force Russell to let Hamilton win, you know he'll at least launch a challenge, Hamilton will throw his toys out of the pram again and it'll be fun to watch. 

Bottas is absolutely no better than Mark Webber or Rubens Barrichello. He's won the same number of races as Mark and fewer than Rubens, spending no less time in a dominant car.

Edited by Asha
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I was thinking more replacing either Sainz Jr or Perez, the other driver I think could get a big move is Ocon.

I’d like to see Mick Schumacher in a better car then that awful Haas too

Until Ferrari actually start performing again or McLaren fall off a cliff, then I don't see that happening. With Red Bull, it's clear as day they have a first driver. Will Lando accept a second driver role? I doubt it, he seems like a guy who fancies himself as a world champion.

Interesting how you mention Norris, Ocon and Schumacher, but omit Gasly who's arguably been the most impressive midfield driver over the past 18 months.

5 hours ago, shen said:

Until Ferrari actually start performing again or McLaren fall off a cliff, then I don't see that happening. With Red Bull, it's clear as day they have a first driver. Will Lando accept a second driver role? I doubt it, he seems like a guy who fancies himself as a world champion.

Interesting how you mention Norris, Ocon and Schumacher, but omit Gasly who's arguably been the most impressive midfield driver over the past 18 months.

to be fair I forgot about Gasly, that said after he was dumped by Redbull for Albon would another top side be so keen to take him on? And I think he's still a Redbull contracted driver so they probably couldn't anyway

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

to be fair I forgot about Gasly, that said after he was dumped by Redbull for Albon would another top side be so keen to take him on? And I think he's still a Redbull contracted driver so they probably couldn't anyway

I think with regards to talent, Gasly has to be among the top 5-6 drivers on the grid currently.

Red Bull dumped him so fast, but obviously that decision was rash, compounded by the misplaced faith they subsequently showed Albon.

3 hours ago, Asha said:

Just a reminder that quail is today, sprint race tomorrow and the full race on Sunday.

I think the mild pang of disappointment reading that confirms my subconscious view on the sprint races.

Great for the fans at the event, not for the stuck in their ways (:wave:) fans who love the Saturday qualifying routine. 

Guess two chances of chaos at the first chicane will be fun at least.