Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Just now, ShadowKing said:

Is this where McLaren should've been more forceful to get norris to pit?

Yeah surely they must of seen how the rest of the track was, was surprising to see how we went from relatively dry one corner and the very next corner was like a river 

Hopefully Norris learns from this 1 mistake and will trust his team a bit more on a judgement call like this.

11 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah surely they must of seen how the rest of the track was, was surprising to see how we went from relatively dry one corner and the very next corner was like a river 

Yeah, I thought it would be fine and then all of a sudden in 1 lap the whole race track looked flooded.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Guess it's moments and calls like that that make Hamilton the champion he is 

Not sure I agree. Hamilton disobeyed his team the first lap rain came down then only came in once his team ordered him to. That call had little to do with Hamilton really.

100 race wins, 280 GPs gets you the experience needed to win in a race like that

Absolutely gutted for Lando (as much as I was for Russel when he deputised for Haamilton last season) but it was a bad call by him and the team.

Mercedes "Box Box Box, box for inters this lap"... Hamilton: "But it's stopped Raining" ... Mercedes "In this lap it's getting worse"

McLaren "What do you think about Inters Lando??"... Lando "NO!"

There's the difference

Edited by chrisfox
  • Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
5 hours ago, Sampson said:

I like Norris but it was his error. He should've listened to his team.

Didn’t get the information he needed. Difference was Hamilton was told it was going to get worse, Norris wasn’t and so he was going on how he was experiencing the conditions. Either McLaren didn’t think it would get worse which is their fault or they did and it was poor communication. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

What an absolute get out of jail for Verstappen. 

Not for the first time this season either. 

Huh? What were the other ones? He's had his tyre explode and also been completely taken out by Bottas.

Let's not forget Verstappen was over 25pts and entire race ahead of Hamilton before Silverstone even with what happened to him at Azerbaijan, he could've been over 50pts ahead had his tyre not exploded.

Im not Verstappen cheerleader but I don't get that post as I find that Verstappen has in general been unlucky this season and It's definitely Hamilton who's had all the luck before this race. The Championship would be completely over already in Verstappen's favour if Hamilton and Verstappen had had the same level of luck.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Not sure I agree. Hamilton disobeyed his team the first lap rain came down then only came in once his team ordered him to. That call had little to do with Hamilton really.

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

I like Norris but it was his error. He should've listened to his team.

I couldn’t believe that he stayed out after managing to get back to the pit entrance and still having a podium chance if he changed to inters at that point …. He could see how awful the first half of the lap was so what was the point in staying out there on slicks  ? 

I keep saying it but Mercedes should get Russell in now and pay Bottas to drive for Williams for the rest if the year, Bottas basically waved Max by when he over took him and made little to no progress through the field despite a brand new engine and a pace advantage

57 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I keep saying it but Mercedes should get Russell in now and pay Bottas to drive for Williams for the rest if the year, Bottas basically waved Max by when he over took him and made little to no progress through the field despite a brand new engine and a pace advantage

Probably the worst take I've seen in here tbh 

On 26/09/2021 at 15:59, Sampson said:

Hes Made a 100s calls off his own back before,or when Team have said, your Call Lewis..

Whatever & however it sways, it is a team sport ,even going back to the old days..."life on the line Driver" --builders input,-Top mechanic...

I bet it comes out about equal over the season....Also Not all decisions come out over the Radio or pre Press/media exchanges...

So disobeyed, is somewhat an heavy Choice of word.

He has often maintained how dependant he is on his whole team ,

Plus each track,weather-vain-call, will be easy/hard according to known/unknown track-section's weather abnormalities.

Fans & observers, except ex-drivers look at the easy black n white approach to descisions...

Schumacher,Oldman G.Hill,Moss,Senna ,Vettel and Hamilton, have better track/race Feelings than most...

Any one Slip if & when any, doesnt cancel out their high percentages calls...

Edited by fuchsntf