Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

Anyone know what has happened to Norris' form?

It’s probably a bunch of things but it does seem like the Sochi ‘mistake’ of staying out and losing the win has affected him. 

Today he started with a grid penalty though.

Edited by Asha
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Monaco is too small now though, as is Imola, as much as I love that track. The width isn't in the road

The idea..correctly that different tracks give different needed skill Tests for manafacture,car, team & Driver..

Tracks are neither too small,too big,too straight to curvy..new street,old Street..

That is what F1 is about..Testing/developing your car & the technics inside & outside on all types of circuits.

We have a 7 times world champion, and a great challenger..

I would like to see more respect from the 2 stalls..the media..and the stupid unknowledgeable fans..

Towards the sport,the competitors

( It ain't football..!! - lives are on the line)

& The sport within F1.

How people are demeaning the race,season ,the moments & characters

Is beyond me...

12 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I can't even blame the tracks, it's the current regulations serving this up.  I'm really praying next year does make the difference from a racing perspective.

Very much doubt it, although it may be a different constructor that leads the way, it will all boil down to the fine details that certain teams will be better at. The current domination of Mercedes basically came about with them having the best engine and kers system, that's why they were so up in arms at the very first race of the new era because they believed RedBull were measuring their fuel flow rate in the wrong place (how would they know that?),  they built a factory dedicated to kers technology which gave them the most power and in F1, power is king. You may be able to shave a few 10ths of a second off your time with  aerodynamic modifications and innovations but other teams can soon copy them as nearly everything is in plain sight and can be photographed, but you can't do that with an engine. The problem as i see it is the length of the race, 0.25 seconds quicker is a long time after 50-60 laps, i think we'd be better having 2 short races with points for both races if we want to see close racing.

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Very much doubt it, although it may be a different constructor that leads the way, it will all boil down to the fine details that certain teams will be better at. The current domination of Mercedes basically came about with them having the best engine and kers system, that's why they were so up in arms at the very first race of the new era because they believed RedBull were measuring their fuel flow rate in the wrong place (how would they know that?),  they built a factory dedicated to kers technology which gave them the most power and in F1, power is king. You may be able to shave a few 10ths of a second off your time with  aerodynamic modifications and innovations but other teams can soon copy them as nearly everything is in plain sight and can be photographed, but you can't do that with an engine. The problem as i see it is the length of the race, 0.25 seconds quicker is a long time after 50-60 laps, i think we'd be better having 2 short races with points for both races if we want to see close racing.

Can't disagree.  Last few decades has generally had a dominant car (Ferrari, RB, Merc) and I suspect this will always be the case for the good example you've given on ICE.  I really hope the tyre situation is rectified too.  If they are, as is being proposed, made much more durable so you can give 95-100% effort for the race duration, then drivers would likely be on the limit for more of the race and more mistakes/opportunities would appear.  Combined with, alleged, closer following next year and we might have a few more battles.

The shorter races is interesting and can see them shoving a few more sprint races in which I do support.  Doubt it'll become several shorter races thought given my cynicism with Liberty Media on race lengths.  NASCAR Cup series races can be up to 3 hours 30 minutes and IndyCar races 2 and a half.  We know which TV market they're trying to crack...

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The idea..correctly that different tracks give different needed skill Tests for manafacture,car, team & Driver..

Tracks are neither too small,too big,too straight to curvy..new street,old Street..

That is what F1 is about..Testing/developing your car & the technics inside & outside on all types of circuits.

That is true of the narrow street circuits in theory but when its too risky to overtake then the car in front will know this and drive relatively conservatively.

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

That is true of the narrow street circuits in theory but when its too risky to overtake then the car in front will know this and drive relatively conservatively.

But Monaco has had also some thrilling moments over 50+ years.

Some races need finesse, others a bit of dynamic crash bang wallop..

attacke!!!

30 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Plus .Hamilton, Verstappen the next wanna be, will chase then sit, then push for that smallest hole...F1 at it's best.

That's the Test & difference of what

Makes a world champion..& why Lewis, was 7 times that bit special..

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Can't disagree.  Last few decades has generally had a dominant car (Ferrari, RB, Merc) and I suspect this will always be the case for the good example you've given on ICE.  I really hope the tyre situation is rectified too.  If they are, as is being proposed, made much more durable so you can give 95-100% effort for the race duration, then drivers would likely be on the limit for more of the race and more mistakes/opportunities would appear.  Combined with, alleged, closer following next year and we might have a few more battles.

The shorter races is interesting and can see them shoving a few more sprint races in which I do support.  Doubt it'll become several shorter races thought given my cynicism with Liberty Media on race lengths.  NASCAR Cup series races can be up to 3 hours 30 minutes and IndyCar races 2 and a half.  We know which TV market they're trying to crack...

I just thought that, although people reckon the sprint races  are crap because there's no points at stake,  the racing was a lot more exciting because everyone was just going for it so, if we had 2 sprint races and got rid of the main races but kept the points for both races, you'd get the both the excitement and the competition plus i reckon they'd attract a bigger audience because  a shorter race is not so boring and they'd get fans who couldn't get to watch one of the races.

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I just thought that, although people reckon the sprint races  are crap because there's no points at stake,  the racing was a lot more exciting because everyone was just going for it so, if we had 2 sprint races and got rid of the main races but kept the points for both races, you'd get the both the excitement and the competition plus i reckon they'd attract a bigger audience because  a shorter race is not so boring and they'd get fans who couldn't get to watch one of the races.

Completely disagree, they went for it for the first few corners and then settled down for a procession after that (because why risk wrecking your entire race weekend?).  They were absolute gash in my opinion.  

I hoped they are binned for next season but judging by Ross Brawn comment it's more likely they will become a permanent fixture at every race weekend.  :yawn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59125551

How about this for a doozy of a quote:

Brawn admitted the "avid fans have not been convinced yet - they are indifferent - but the majority of our 'normal' fans were positive about the concept".

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

Completely disagree, they went for it for the first few corners and then settled down for a procession after that (because why risk wrecking your entire race weekend?).  They were absolute gash in my opinion.  

I hoped they are binned for next season but judging by Ross Brawn comment it's more likely they will become a permanent fixture at every race weekend.  :yawn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59125551

How about this for a doozy of a quote:

Brawn admitted the "avid fans have not been convinced yet - they are indifferent - but the majority of our 'normal' fans were positive about the concept".

I’m sure that if there were equal points on offer for both races you’d see a lot of lower down teams going for it and the teams at the front taking it a bit safer, which is what we all want to see.

5 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Then again I'm probably classed as avid and therefore they know I'll still watch it.

I think what he means is normal fans want to see the start, some close racing, and an exciting finish, it’s a bit like watching a marathon or a 10000 metre race, the boring bits are… boring… and turn viewers off. I remember the Williams domination and it was amazing watching a car lap everyone for a start, then it became ridiculous, so much so that if it wasn’t for a British driver winning I’d have turned it off. I think sky are getting a bit over the top now with stuff like percentage tyre and brake wear and percentage of someone being overtaken, who really wants to know that kind of stuff, front left tyre has worn an extra 5%…wow! Better start weaning a bit then so the right hand one can catch up.