Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Verstappen has tampered with both cars after qualifying the cheating **** continues to cheat.  No doubt Karen will find a way out for him.  Albon's simulator probably isn't set up for this though lol

Just to make you a little happier

Max’s offence if there is one is a sporting regulation offence so will likely be a monetary fine 

Lewis’s offence if there is one is a technical regulation offence with a set Penalty of exclusion from qualifying so will start last on the grid 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Max’s offence if there is one is a sporting regulation offence so will likely be a monetary fine 

Lewis’s offence if there is one is a technical regulation offence with a set Penalty of exclusion from qualifying so will start last on the grid 

And just reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago. Should Lewis be punished for this and sent to the back of the grid, his 5 place grid penalty for his new engine this race should be taken at the next race, otherwise its wiped out by this full grid penalty.

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Also I thought interfering with your own car in park ferme could result in starting from the Pit Lane? Whereas interfering with someone else's car can result in much more severe punishments. I can't see a written rule, but someone told me that if he's broken the Merc it could result in disqualification from either the race or the whole championship, so at the very least he should be starting from the pit lane?

Obviously don't want that to happen, he deserves the title that he's looking likely to win, and you don't want people winning by default. But equally you can't go messing around with your opponents car.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And just reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago. Should Lewis be punished for this and sent to the back of the grid, his 5 place grid penalty for his new engine this race should be taken at the next race, otherwise its wiped out by this full grid penalty.

If he is disqualified from qualifying for this offence, the penalty is applied to the sprint qualification so will start from the back of the grid tonight, the 5 place grid penalty will still apply to Sunday’s race 

59 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Also I thought interfering with your own car in park ferme could result in starting from the Pit Lane? Whereas interfering with someone else's car can result in much more severe punishments. I can't see a written rule, but someone told me that if he's broken the Merc it could result in disqualification from either the race or the whole championship, so at the very least he should be starting from the pit lane?

Obviously don't want that to happen, he deserves the title that he's looking likely to win, and you don't want people winning by default. But equally you can't go messing around with your opponents car.

Article 2.5.1 that Stewards have said Max has allegedly breached is 

"inside the parc ferme, only the officials assigned may enter. No operation, checking, tuning or repair is allowed unless authorised by the same officials or by the applicable regulations"

The car isn’t broken apparently the DRS opens pass the 85mm maximum allowed if that is the case it will give Lewis an advantage over the other cars when it is open 

it would seem he is being charged with “checking” because he seemingly did the same on his car before going to Lewis’s car 

it’s a sporting code violation and they normally carry a monetary fine 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Article 2.5.1 that Stewards have said Max has allegedly breached is 

"inside the parc ferme, only the officials assigned may enter. No operation, checking, tuning or repair is allowed unless authorised by the same officials or by the applicable regulations"

The car isn’t broken apparently the DRS opens pass the 85mm maximum allowed if that is the case it will give Lewis an advantage over the other cars when it is open 

it would seem he is being charged with “checking” because he seemingly did the same on his car before going to Lewis’s car 

it’s a sporting code violation and they normally carry a monetary fine 

I didn't say it was broken, I said the if Max has broken the car when pissing about with it. I'm aware if the of the charge against Mercedes, and the reason the investigation been delayed is because they need to find out what Max was up to.

Also depending the severity of his action it may be more than a fine is possible, such as what happened to McLaren back in 2007 when they were removed from the constructors for spying.

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I didn't say it was broken, I said the if Max has broken the car when pissing about with it. I'm aware if the of the charge against Mercedes, and the reason the investigation been delayed is because they need to find out what Max was up to.

Also depending the severity of his action it may be more than a fine is possible, such as what happened to McLaren back in 2007 when they were removed from the constructors for spying.

Yes if Max had broken the car he would obviously face tougher penalties but the car isn’t broken so it doesn’t apply 

he was (to me anyway) comparing the rear wings between his and Lewis as looks like he did a similar thing to his own wing before going over to Lewis’s car, hence why I think his charge will be “checking” and nothing more 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Yes if Max had broken the car he would obviously face tougher penalties but the car isn’t broken so it doesn’t apply 

he was (to me anyway) comparing the rear wings between his and Lewis as looks like he did a similar thing to his own wing before going over to Lewis’s car, hence why I think his charge will be “checking” and nothing more 

Well the investigation into Mercedes has been held up to investigated what Max did,  so if he's effected the car in anyway, that will obviously effect the investigation into Mercedes. You're almost certainly right about what he did, but we don't know exactly what he did what he might have caused so we have to wait.

Either way, I'm assuming Max was aware there might be an issue with the mercs wing, and if he was, he's an idiot for going near it.

This is all rather strange.  If I'm right Mercedes are saying the wing was static tested prior to the session and passed.  But then failed static testing after Qualifying?  :dunno: This would suggest some sort of malfunction.

Regardless it looks like a guaranteed penalty and the end of the championship.  That would probably explain the delay as they know the sponsors, TV companies and a significant % of fans will be pissed off if the season is called due to a mm or two.  

Either way it's ANOTHER balls up my Mercedes.  Hamilton will now have the cheat card thrown at him through no fault of his own.

Mercedes have had a nightmare of a season and need to make significant changes to tighten up in time for next season.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

This is all rather strange.  If I'm right Mercedes are saying the wing was static tested prior to the session and passed.  But then failed static testing after Qualifying?  :dunno: This would suggest some sort of malfunction.

Regardless it looks like a guaranteed penalty and the end of the championship.  That would probably explain the delay as they know the sponsors, TV companies and a significant % of fans will be pissed off if the season is called due to a mm or two.  

Either way it's ANOTHER balls up my Mercedes.  Hamilton will now have the cheat card thrown at him through no fault of his own.

Mercedes have had a nightmare of a season and need to make significant changes to tighten up in time for next season.

Having watched the practice session this afternoon Ted Kravitz said the feeling in the paddock was that the wing failed the pressure test, it did open to 85mm but when little pressure was applied it allowed the measure gadget to pass through when it should withstand a quite forceful pressure push

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Having watched the practice session this afternoon Ted Kravitz said the feeling in the paddock was that the wing failed the pressure test, it did open to 85mm but when little pressure was applied it allowed the measure gadget to pass through when it should withstand a quite forceful pressure push

Very strange.  If it now bends under slight pressure then that would suggest a material change.  But I believe I read it's the same spec of wing they've used previously.

There must be more to this as the sprint starts soon with nobody the wiser about where the pole sitter is starting.

Confusion all round it seems.