Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think Max just saved it in the end, Perez had a shocker though

Yeah, I think it could be one of those where there is strategy in starting second like with some other races. I remember Valtteri mentioned in Drive to survive once that sometimes you want to start second or third, depending on the track. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah, I think it could be one of those where there is strategy in starting second like with some other races. I remember Valtteri mentioned in Drive to survive once that sometimes you want to start second or third, depending on the track. 

I mean you just have to look at the start of this, clear 2nd is probably the best place to start from 

Anything but a comfortable Hamilton win in the race is major bottling it for Mercedes, even from 10th. The pace difference was ridiculous. If they’ve been cheating with the rear wing, you can bet they’re cheating with the engine too. Nothing to lose now though, right!? 

7 hours ago, Asha said:

Anything but a comfortable Hamilton win in the race is major bottling it for Mercedes, even from 10th. The pace difference was ridiculous. If they’ve been cheating with the rear wing, you can bet they’re cheating with the engine too. Nothing to lose now though, right!? 

Or they've whacked it right up to its fullest potential hence why they needed a new unit to take the punishment for the final few races.

When this era began, they had to turn it right down because they had so much power out of it.

10 hours ago, Asha said:

The stewards confirmed no attempt to cheat was made.  But yeah if Verstappen doesn't win go with that lol

No chance Hamilton wins even from 10th unless Verstappen runs in to difficulty at the start.  Though he caught Perez, Bottas and Verstappen were miles up the road.

Unless Bottas can hold off Verstappen and back him up in the slow corners then even Hamilton won't be able to catch them.  I also doubt Bottas will put in that sort of performance as he'll be after the race win himself as he won't have many more opportunities to win a Grand Prix.

Should be a fascinating race.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

The stewards confirmed no attempt to cheat was made.  But yeah if Verstappen doesn't win go with that lol

No chance Hamilton wins even from 10th unless Verstappen runs in to difficulty at the start.  Though he caught Perez, Bottas and Verstappen were miles up the road.

Unless Bottas can hold off Verstappen and back him up in the slow corners then even Hamilton won't be able to catch them.  I also doubt Bottas will put in that sort of performance as he'll be after the race win himself as he won't have many more opportunities to win a Grand Prix.

Should be a fascinating race.

He won't be after the race win because mercedes won't let him

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He won't be after the race win because mercedes won't let him

In what world do Mercedes not want their driver to win the race? If Hamilton is out of the picture then obviously they'll want Bottas to win it as it reduces the points Verstappen wins. Only way they wouldn't is if somehow its a Mercedes 1-2 they'd obviously want Hamilton to win and Bottas 2nd to maximise the points Hamilton makes up on Verstappen.

Lewis can easily pass everyone ahead of him, he has at least a 0.5 second advantage per lap.  He knows how to best attack the final corner as well with the practice he had yesterday.  He'll pass a driver every lap along there.  Every driver up to and including Sainz is a sitting duck.  With Verstappen dispatched beyond him, Bottas will just pull over and let Lewis by.