Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Will Hamilton actually lose the race win for this?

Or just get a fine/ticking off?

https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/14/hamiltons-win-under-threat-as-he-faces-new-investigation/

nah - it’s after the race has finished - it can’t affect the result unless he has changed something with his car so they can’t check it properly 

the red bull defence is laughable and I imagine the stewards bottled a call that would effectively have ensured Hamilton won the race 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Having thought about the incident again, Hamilton had gotten his car ahead going into the braking zone. 

If Red Bull's argument is that Max couldn't stop the car from understeering off the track, then he must have braked so late that he entered the corner too fast, and logically he has to give the place to Hamilton as he's gained an advantage by going in too deep and off track. 

If they say that isn't the case and he braked early enough to make the corner, then logic dictates he could have gone through it without going off the track, and should have had a penalty. 

They can't have it both ways. 

We'll get a better look tomorrow when Albon recreates the entire thing :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://the-race.com/formula-1/stewards-made-verstappen-call-without-forward-onboard-camera/

'Stewards made Verstappen call without forward onboard camera'

Very dodgy this! Wonder if they'll potentially give him a penalty in the coming 48 hours, or it'll just be forgotten about?

It's all rigged to go to a last race decider

• Like 2

To put more context on this, there was a little flurry of 5s penalties handed out around Austria/Britain for pushing an overtaking car off the track. The driver punished stayed on the track in doing this. In what universe is pushing another driver off track while going miles off yourself seen as acceptable? 

45 minutes ago, Walkers said:

To put more context on this, there was a little flurry of 5s penalties handed out around Austria/Britain for pushing an overtaking car off the track. The driver punished stayed on the track in doing this. In what universe is pushing another driver off track while going miles off yourself seen as acceptable? 

And I remember bemoaning those decisions. Let them race. Without the steering wheel view we'll never know if Max did all he could to stay on the track (I suspect he didn't just from the replays).

This does have all the hallmarks of Max crashing into Lewis at Abu Dhabi if Lewis wins the next 2, much like Prost and Senna

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

And I remember bemoaning those decisions. Let them race. Without the steering wheel view we'll never know if Max did all he could to stay on the track (I suspect he didn't just from the replays).

This does have all the hallmarks of Max crashing into Lewis at Abu Dhabi if Lewis wins the next 2, much like Prost and Senna

This camera is mandatory so i suspect someone knows.

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Speak for yourself but I agreed with those penalties and for years now have hated this culture of forcing another driver off the track to defend your position, especially in an era where cars can barely follow. It means to overtake you more or less have to be past the other car before you hit the braking zone. Why its called "hard racing" I don't know, more like PlayStation racing. 

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://the-race.com/formula-1/stewards-made-verstappen-call-without-forward-onboard-camera/

'Stewards made Verstappen call without forward onboard camera'

Very dodgy this! Wonder if they'll potentially give him a penalty in the coming 48 hours, or it'll just be forgotten about?

There is no way that the footage wont be made public. if max opens his wheel then the FIA cannot ignore it.  what penalty he would get is another matter!

With all this off-track game-playing & Petty mind games....Which like Boxing actually discredits the sport & Not enhances it....

After Early scuffles, weighing up the oppositions's Drivers in depth "up for the seasons fight"

Both Hamilton und Verstappen have been mostly fair & Sporting towards each others performances...Heat of the battle crossing swords is fine

To me thats all that counts & worth discussion.

The 2 managers & race-stall Management should quit out the cynical crap, its Not doing themselves, their product ,the sport Nor the drivers any favours.

There are issues & incidents, where rules are blatantly subtely tried to get around....Let the Inquiry-panels sort out those matters.

cheap Rhetoric in the World's highest Budgeted sport...Terrible poor form

2 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

If Lewis wins the next two and also bags a fastest lap he could be in front going into the last race.

I can't see either of them getting another fastest lap unless they're in a position to make a free pitstop themselves. Be interesting to see how messy it gets in the next few races if a #2 driver ends up staying out and slowing down to block the other

• Like 1

For the people questioning if the stewards had checked the steering camera, do they even need to? It was my understanding they have access to the telemetry data that the teams have where you could easily see a steering input, whether it very subtle. Surely that would be a quick check in seconds to see the extent of any malicious actions from him? 

I wouldn't put it past Max to know this and hide a move behind some oversteer or something. He seems very crafty.