Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

No need for an onboard shot, it's clear from this video that Verstappen stops turning into the corner at least, or even turns right. He could easily have made the corner, he was already making it before he decided to force Hamilton wide. Clearest penalty you'll see, no idea how he got away with it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

No need for an onboard shot, it's clear from this video that Verstappen stops turning into the corner at least, or even turns right. He could easily have made the corner, he was already making it before he decided to force Hamilton wide. Clearest penalty you'll see, no idea how he got away with it.

Apparently mercedes can have it reviewed, the onboard footage wasn’t available at the time, but they can get hold of it. This means he could still get punished and maybe dropped to third and rightly so. 

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Losing a bit of respect for Max now   ….   becoming a bit Schumacher esque.   Even Horner is becoming a knob. 

Credit to Lewis for an awesome performance …. not sure if he can overtake Max now but makes for an exciting climax to the season. 

Always has been. He's the only reason I want Hamilton to win. I've nothing against Max at all but I ****ing despise Horner.

11 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Apparently mercedes can have it reviewed, the onboard footage wasn’t available at the time, but they can get hold of it. This means he could still get punished and maybe dropped to third and rightly so. 

I say do it. You know that Horner and Red Bull wouldn't hesitate to. 

59 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1637077760548.thumb.jpg.c4ac6c68199d4eacd041da19225e8924.jpg

What a bunch of sore "winners", How many millions of times have we seen video footage of an incident not picked up by the authorities in every single sport. I know people are harping on about not hitting the apex, not fully commiting to the corner but, when you're going too fast into a corner and the car oversteers, meaning its going straight on however much you turn the steering wheel, the idea is to try and control the amount of steering input until you regain control.

Edited by yorkie1999

27 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What a bunch of sore "winners", How many millions of times have we seen video footage of an incident not picked up by the authorities in every single sport. I know people are harping on about not hitting the apex, not fully commiting to the corner but, when you're going too fast into a corner and the car oversteers, meaning its going straight on however much you turn the steering wheel, the idea is to try and control the amount of steering input until you regain control.

Ok Albon.  Move over.  Put the simulator away, there's a good lad.  :thumbup:

Even before the on board it's a slam dunk pen for max clear as day. I don't have a horse in the race, think Lewis is the better driver but Horner would sell his gran for a few grand I'm sure of it. They're just a bunch of unbearable multi millionaires with a chip on their shoulders. But yeah that's a 10 second penalty for max every day of the week I don't see how anyone can think otherwise, it's like when a Leicester player lunges in 2 footed knee high and snaps a players legs only the really blue tinted amongst us calls it any other way than what it is. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Even before the on board it's a slam dunk pen for max clear as day. I don't have a horse in the race, think Lewis is the better driver but Horner would sell his gran for a few grand I'm sure of it. They're just a bunch of unbearable multi millionaires with a chip on their shoulders. But yeah that's a 10 second penalty for max every day of the week I don't see how anyone can think otherwise, it's like when a Leicester player lunges in 2 footed knee high and snaps a players legs only the really blue tinted amongst us calls it any other way than what it is. 

It's not though is it, it's more like a player being pulled back and the ref missing it, then the player getting penalised for it 3 days later when it was spotted on the video. Anyway, i doubt it will be looked at and if it does, it'll be something daft like a 3 second penalty.

Edited by yorkie1999

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You can't turn round and complain about this decision when RB set the precedent for it earlier on this season.

They will be the architects of their own downfall.  What goes around comes around.

Horner can go stew on it.

Absolutely, but they don't have to play the same game. One Horner is bad enough, the rest of the teams shouldn't follow suit.

Well no its not like that because if Lewis equally commits then it'd be like the other way round at Silverstone and until max walked away from the crash think a lot of people were fearing he'd be dead. So you're right it's not like that, it's a multitude worse. And again, that incident at Silverstone I'd have had no problem with Lewis being given the harshest available penalty, dq or whatever, you can't endanger life like that. Max is just too aggressive and never gives an inch even when it's the prudent thing to do. His wheel to wheel racing is one note and he'll end up getting himself killed imo. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Well no its not like that because if Lewis equally commits then it'd be like the other way round at Silverstone and until max walked away from the crash think a lot of people were fearing he'd be dead. So you're right it's not like that, it's a multitude worse. And again, that incident at Silverstone I'd have had no problem with Lewis being given the harshest available penalty, dq or whatever, you can't endanger life like that. Max is just too aggressive and never gives an inch even when it's the prudent thing to do. His wheel to wheel racing is one note and he'll end up getting himself killed imo. 

I think Lewis has found a way to race him and he's definitely got into his head.  Sure, you can put Lewis under pressure, but to beat him you have to be dirty on the track like Rosberg was a few years back.  Lewis can anticipate the overly aggressive moves and knows now when to back off.  Now that he's chasing, rather than leading on points, this puts him at an advantage imo.