Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

50 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You can't turn round and complain about this decision when RB set the precedent for it earlier on this season.

They will be the architects of their own downfall.  What goes around comes around.

Horner can go stew on it.

What red bull did was irrelevant they'd have always done this lol. You can't cry when Red Bull do it and then somehow spin it on Redbull when Merc are doing the same thing, have some actual consistency, and let's not beat around the bush here as well , Red bull had much more of a right to be pissed off because Lewis' actions resulted in a 25 point swing. Merc are crying to get a further 3 points in their favour 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What red bull did was irrelevant they'd have always done this lol. You can't cry when Red Bull do it and then somehow spin it on Redbull when Merc are doing the same thing, have some actual consistency, and let's not beat around the bush here as well , Red bull had much more of a right to be pissed off because Lewis' actions resulted in a 25 point swing. Merc are crying to get a further 3 points in their favour 

Swings and roundabouts.

Lewis threw away a win when he inadvertently flicked a switch on the restart earlier this season.  

As for Max, his actions at Silverstone created the 25 point swing.

35 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I think Lewis has found a way to race him and he's definitely got into his head.  Sure, you can put Lewis under pressure, but to beat him you have to be dirty on the track like Rosberg was a few years back.  Lewis can anticipate the overly aggressive moves and knows now when to back off.  Now that he's chasing, rather than leading on points, this puts him at an advantage imo.

Earlier in the season Hamilton was being bullied by Verstappen. Everyone knows Verstappens reputation for never pulling out and basically saying to the other driver, you pull out or we both crash. With a very competitive car this year it has given Verstappen a chance to really get himself into those situations with Hamilton. Earlier in the season Hamilton was backing down to him. Then he realised he had no chance of winning the title this year if he was going to let Verstappen keep bullying him. That's when he started to really push Verstappen and see just how far he was really prepared to take it.  It's made for some really good racing since, but highly dangerous driving too

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Getting taken out by Lewis was his actions? lol.

Yes.

Had Lewis done the same at the weekend, he also would have been taken out.  The difference is he knows which side of the line to fall on.

Albeit the Silverstone incident was a case of too fast an entry into the corner at the angle of approach, whereas this weekend just past was a deliberate move.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes.

Had Lewis done the same at the weekend, he also would have been taken out.  The difference is he knows which side of the line to fall on.

Albeit the Silverstone incident was a case of too fast an entry into the corner at the angle of approach, whereas this weekend just past was a deliberate move.

Both were deliberate moves let's be honest, the situations were very similar as well. Lewis had the weaker car at Silverstone prompting him to do anything be could to protect the position, which is exactly what Max did at Brazil. You can say, Lewis has the better race IQ to back out, which I don't think is false either, there is also some nuance in the stage we are at in the season as well. But you can't blame Max attempting to take his corner and in a far quicker entry as you pointed out. 

Fernando has seemingly chosen his side 

Fernando Alonso feels “you always lose” going against Mercedes, who he says play with a “bigger basket” than the rest of the grid. 

“As a driver, it’s like playing basketball and there’s one basket for you and one for the others,” 

“They score their points with a bigger basket and you have to score yours with a smaller one, so you always lose.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

The onboard from Max has just been released. He doesn't turn into Lewis but he doesn't exactly try and make the corner either

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Doesn't even try and make the apex. 

I reckon he can make the excuse that he was distracted by Lewis and just missed the corner. surely just making a driving error won’t justify a grid penalty ?   However, his subsequent weaving when Lewis approached again may not help him. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I reckon he can make the excuse that he was distracted by Lewis and just missed the corner. surely just making a driving error won’t justify a grid penalty ?   However, his subsequent weaving when Lewis approached again may not help him. 

Technically every penalty dished out is because of a driver error

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Fernando has seemingly chosen his side 

Fernando Alonso feels “you always lose” going against Mercedes, who he says play with a “bigger basket” than the rest of the grid. 

“As a driver, it’s like playing basketball and there’s one basket for you and one for the others,” 

“They score their points with a bigger basket and you have to score yours with a smaller one, so you always lose.

If you thought that was nonsense here’s Charles Leclerc response to Fernando 

“I don’t agree, Obviously Lewis has a very strong car at the moment, but I think he managed to go beyond what that car could give.”

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Technically every penalty dished out is because of a driver error

Point taken but I’m pretty sure that they would be looking for MS to open his wheel at some point having begun to take the corner rather than not making the apex.  he can make excuses for that whereas opening his wheel would be indefensible 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Point taken but I’m pretty sure that they would be looking for MS to open his wheel at some point having begun to take the corner rather than not making the apex.  he can make excuses for that whereas opening his wheel would be indefensible 

Through my eyes it looks like he didn't try to make the corner at all, then when he realises he's out far enough and Hamilton will be on the run off area, he begins to turn even more to try (and fail) to stay on track himself

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Through my eyes it looks like he didn't try to make the corner at all, then when he realises he's out far enough and Hamilton will be on the run off area, he begins to turn even more to try (and fail) to stay on track himself

It’s pretty obvious what he did but proving it to the extent that you can give him a grid penalty in Qatar is another matter 

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s pretty obvious what he did but proving it to the extent that you can give him a grid penalty in Qatar is another matter 

The more I think of the two incidents the more similar it is to Silverstone. The major differences being its at a lower speed, and more critically, there was no impact, more so because Lewis was smart enough to back out.

I think Mercedes do have cause for an appeal based on Silverstone more than anything. It is all a load of tosh though, the race has its result, let move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

The more I think of the two incidents the more similar it is to Silverstone. The major differences being its at a lower speed, and more critically, there was no impact, more so because Lewis was smart enough to back out.

I think Mercedes do have cause for an appeal based on Silverstone more than anything. It is all a load of tosh though, the race has its result, let move on.

Apparently Red Bull asked for Hamilton to be investigated more after the race so maybe this is a bit of tit for tat.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Difference between the two is Red Bull appealed wanting Hamilton, who'd already been penalised, to be punished further. Probably fueled more because he ended up winning the race. Can't recall a team doing that before?

Here they're appealing something that the stewards somehow turned a blind eye too. There is nothing butthurt about this appeal IMO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Video on the layout of the Qatar track (2:40 in)

Lots of corners and at high speed.

Could be a tough one on the tyres apparently.

Beautiful! shame it was built under the kafala system! As is the world cup stadiums where 6500 workers have died.

• Sad 1

On 17/11/2021 at 12:36, snoopy87 said:

I disagree here, eventually Maxs driving is going to cause a serious accident, forcing someone off the track like he did could result in a serious injury or death. We all want racing but we want it done safely and fairly, you can't just force others off the track. It needs to be looked at because he has been doing it for too long now, a lot of the time it's either let me pass/let me lead or we'll both crash and DNF.

It's not a great look either for the youngsters who aspire to drive like these guys.

For the record I think they'll just confirm the rules again and say anymore of this in future and it'll be penalties.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree here, eventually Maxs driving is going to cause a serious accident, forcing someone off the track like he did could result in a serious injury or death. We all want racing but we want it done safely and fairly, you can't just force others off the track. It needs to be looked at because he has been doing it for too long now, a lot of the time it's either let me pass/let me lead or we'll both crash and DNF.

It's not a great look either for the youngsters who aspire to drive like these guys.

For the record I think they'll just confirm the rules again and say anymore of this in future and it'll be penalties.

According to the stewards, Lewis was at fault for the crash at Silverstone.