Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Absolutely superb from hamilton, max falling under the pressure 

Think that's harsh on Verstappen. That lap was absolutely stonking until he hit the wall and it was just an unfortunate lock up that cost him. The best do it race after race 

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only read what happened rather than seen it). 

But max had waved yellows but nothing on the steering console and got a penalty. 

Lewis had nothing so didn't get a penalty?

Is that correct?

14 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only read what happened rather than seen it). 

But max had waved yellows but nothing on the steering console and got a penalty. 

Lewis had nothing so didn't get a penalty?

Is that correct?

I believe that sums it up 

max ignored a double yellow flag waved by a marshall in Brazil 

lewis evidently didn’t have any yellows showing anywhere because of a fault somewhere - hence no penalty 

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

lewis evidently didn’t have any yellows showing anywhere because of a fault somewhere - hence no penalty 

Karen Horner had about 20 minutes after his post qualifying interview to lodge an appeal.  It doesn't look like he's bothered.  Too busy sorting out his own cars lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Think that's harsh on Verstappen. That lap was absolutely stonking until he hit the wall and it was just an unfortunate lock up that cost him. The best do it race after race 

He was lucky not to bin it twice in that lap before he eventually did. Loose cannon that boy.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a similar situation for me, for Max track boards was flashing green and nothing on system or steering wheel, it was an Marshall erroneously waving a flag that got him the penalty because Marshall’s overrule technology 

for Lewis no Marshall’s flag but the track board was flashing yellow even if set off erroneously a yellow is a yellow so should have slowed instead he went purple in that sector, Bottas seen a yellow and abandoned his lap 

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s a similar situation for me, for Max track boards was flashing green and nothing on system or steering wheel, it was an Marshall erroneously waving a flag that got him the penalty because Marshall’s overrule technology 

for Lewis no Marshall’s flag but the track board was flashing yellow even if set off erroneously a yellow is a yellow so should have slowed instead he went purple in that sector, Bottas seen a yellow and abandoned his lap 

FIA statement states it was on briefly by accident, for less than a second. Hamilton was already past it when it was accidentally turned on. There was no other yellow displayed to him anywhere else on any systems available. So not the same thing at all.

20211204_233113.thumb.jpg.37d2a3b954bfef6c92c40cf563d9043e.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FIA statement states it was on briefly by accident, for less than a second. Hamilton was already past it when it was accidentally turned on. There was no other yellow displayed to him anywhere else on any systems available. So not the same thing at all.

20211204_233113.thumb.jpg.37d2a3b954bfef6c92c40cf563d9043e.jpg

Fair enough I hadn’t seen that, I had only seen an news article on auto sport regarding it

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

He was lucky not to bin it twice in that lap before he eventually did. Loose cannon that boy.

Nah he was just pushing it to the track limits. It's like portier at Monaco, drivers kiss the barrier with the rear wheel on the exit.

I don't disagree Max is a loose canon though, I've said for ages his driving style is far too aggressive 

Edited by snoopy87

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Anyone know how to watch the football and F1 in split screen on a sky q box? They just said it’s possible, just can’t figure it out. Or is it only possible closer to the race?

You go to Main Event and work through red button.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

In sky main event red button and all I see is F1 Extras. Appreciate you’re not sky support, but there must be a few city fans wanting to watch both :D

Making use of my ipad! Not sure I'd say I'm "wanting" to watch the match