Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Anthony Davidson says what I thought. When I first saw it I thought Hamilton was slowing up to not overtake before the last corner like I saw a few other drivers do. If he doesn't know he's been told to let him through then youre likely to get confused, might be a yellow/red flag out suddenly. You don't just see a car slow up like that and with a clear mind think zoom past 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, the real question is. If you were Verstappen, would you take Hamilton out to win the world championship, as has been done a few times before, or would you say best man wins?

He has been trying to take hamilton out all season, so yeah I would expect him to try again. 

• Like 3

I thought you had to wait to pass someone for a few corners after being told to give a place back after the Hamilton Raikonnen incident in Hamilton's first title winning season. Did they scrap that rule or am I misremembering it? It certainly seems a fair way to deal with a driver who has gained (or retained) a position illegally without having to apply a penalty. 

Thought the "race" was a total farce. Unsafe circuit with little in the way of clean racing.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That’s a good point. Anyway the blame for this incident falls squarely at the race directors feet. What a massive balls up.

It certainly seemed like it was being made up as they went along, apparently no requirement to keep within 10 cars length on the warm up lap. Offering proposals which was wrong “because he hadn’t looked”. Should have told Mercedes before Red Bull that the position would have to be surrendered 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Thought Michael Masi came over totally out of his depth although I'm not a fan of broadcasting communications between race director and teams. 

He definitely needs to be replaced, and not saying this influence his decisions but he seems to have an active relationship with toto, any person in this role needs to have no relationships with any teams bosses either .

9 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Thought Michael Masi came over totally out of his depth although I'm not a fan of broadcasting communications between race director and teams. 

Said the same during the race, massively out of his depth and the way the team managers are going at him show they feel the same.

There is obvious bias going on in here at the minute and that’s natural for supporters of certain drivers. It remains to be seen whether or not Max was braking, but it looked like downshifting to me. If Lewis hadn’t been told about the yielding at that point then it’s the fault of Masi and the FIA that the incident occurred. 

max left plenty of room for Lewis to go by. It’s clear for all to see if they take their blinkers off. By being told to yield position doesn’t mean to allow the driver behind to fly past. Yielding is yielding, no matter the margins. Sets up a decent finale for once I suppose. 

If Lewis goes on to win the championship then surely he must feel like it’s been handed to him, at least slightly. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stix said:

There is obvious bias going on in here at the minute and that’s natural for supporters of certain drivers. It remains to be seen whether or not Max was braking, but it looked like downshifting to me. If Lewis hadn’t been told about the yielding at that point then it’s the fault of Masi and the FIA that the incident occurred. 

max left plenty of room for Lewis to go by. It’s clear for all to see if they take their blinkers off. By being told to yield position doesn’t mean to allow the driver behind to fly past. Yielding is yielding, no matter the margins. Sets up a decent finale for once I suppose. 

If Lewis goes on to win the championship then surely he must feel like it’s been handed to him, at least slightly. 

I mean if Max hadn't cut the corner he'd have been passed, and with Max's tires falling off heavily he'd have surely been passed again. Only thing it did is probably cost Max the chance to go for fastest lap, but that doesn't actually change a whole lot with Max being ahead still and the last race likely being won by one or the other. 

Think the Merc was just quicker in race trim.